We're seeking an enthusiastic Accounting Manager to lead the Accounting team and manage the equity accounting process at Zapier. Reporting to our Assistant Controller, Julia Munoz, the successful candidate will have a passion for numbers, a talent for motivating teams to excel, and a meticulous approach to documenting processes. If that’s you, read on!
Our Commitment to Applicants
Culture and Values at Zapier
Zapier Guide to Remote Work
Zapier Code of Conduct
Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- You're a seasoned professional. You have 8+ years of Accounting experience, are comfortable managing a team, and diving into the nitty-gritty. You also will have a deep understanding of equity accounting for stock options, including equity award valuation, equity grants, compensation expense, and equity issuances.
- You are an effective team builder. You have 3+ years in a hands-on manager role. You have a passion for managing people, developing talent, and building a resilient team culture.
- You love to write. Whether it's a process narrative, flowchart, or a quick conversation in Slack, writing is a main form of communication.
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and energized by new challenges.
- You obsess over details. You’re analytical, methodical, and work with a high degree of accuracy. You are detail-oriented and care about the nitty gritty, but you can step back and review the big picture. You know which pennies are worth chasing and which ones aren’t.
- You wear many hats. You're eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small and you never shy away from rolling up your sleeves and helping the team.
- You’ve got the credentials. You are a CPA.
Things You’ll Do:
- Foster the development and growth of the team, adapting to the evolving needs of the organization. We are an evolving team so flexibility in the areas you manage is a must!
- Be a mentor, coach, and advocate for your team when it's needed
- Collaborate with the team to have consolidated financials in 5 business days, while identifying opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency
- Be the equity accounting expert ensuring all stock transactions are recorded in compliance with GAAP
- Post monthly accounting entries and review entries performed by your team to ensure accuracy, identifying discrepancies or areas for improvement.
- Review monthly financial reconciliations
- Assist in day-to-day accounting operations, offering guidance and expertise to resolve challenges that may arise.
- Drive process improvements and automation initiatives to streamline accounting operations and reduce manual efforts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate financial reporting and advance Zapier initiatives through various projects.
- Monitor and recommend improvements with segregation of duties and system controls
- Stay updated on changes in accounting regulations and standards, proactively assessing their impact on financial operations and implementing necessary adjustments.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Assist in the preparation and review of audit schedules and provide support of auditors during the audit process
- Provide support to our Assistant Controller and Controller on various projects
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
USA: 138,300 - 207,500 USD
Canada: 138,300 - 207,500 CAD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity. We use a competency-based approach to base pay, which means we set pay for all Zapier employees based on their competency and skills demonstrated in their role. In alignment with that philosophy, the upper half of a pay range is typically reserved for individuals who have consistently demonstrated a high level of job knowledge and skills for their current role and level while at Zapier.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We're looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base. Zapier will consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.