BoardOutlook is hiring a Customer Success Manager to help us increase the impact of our board software platform across the largest companies in the UK and Europe.
Below we’ve included more detail on:
- Why you want to work for BoardOutlook
- About the role (and you)
- About our hiring process
- How to apply
1. Why you want to work for BoardOutlook:
1.1 Our customers are the chairs and CEOs of the world’s largest companies
BoardOutlook builds performance management software designed for the Board of Directors of large organisations. Practically, our software helps boards to:
- Review their own performance
- Measure and understand skill gaps on the board
- Assess the performance of the CEO
- Understand key risks across the organisation
Watch the product in action here https://youtu.be/gZV5U4dQI8M
We’ve won many of the world’s largest companies as our clients and are backed by a top tier list of investors. Our revenue growth trajectory is impressive and continues to accelerate. For all these reasons, we need help to continue to capture the opportunity that sits in front of us.
1.1 A unique opportunity to join our founding team in the UK
The BoardOutlook product and business have already achieved substantial traction in global markets. This role is an opportunity to be part of the founding team in the UK, and to be involved in beta rollout, office formation and market launch. Supporting this, we have already secured a top-tier list of UK investors and consultant/partners.
1.2 Work with a team that’s aligned on the values that matter
At BoardOutlook we're a growing team with big ambition. There are four values that form the foundation of our team ethos. Everyone we work with must display:
- We hold ourselves to account - We fulfil our role on the team with ownership and accountability. We have pride in our work and our impact. We work with high standards and hit timeframes that we set for ourselves.
- We generously invest in our teammates with our time and our energy - We have a proactive culture where we all seek out ways to be generous contributors to our team (time, praise, help, feedback, friendship, celebration).
- We are optimistic and ambitious - We're naturally optimistic, which gives us both confidence and ambition.
- We are brave - We have the courage to set ambitious goals and the drive to work hard to realise them. We are not afraid to respectfully challenge each other.
The stronger the points above describe you and the kind of people you like to work with, the more likely it is you'll succeed at BoardOutlook.
2. About this role:
2.1 What does Customer Success do at BoardOutlook?
The Customer Success function puts our clients at the centre of our world, collaborating across the business to reduce customer effort and increase value, and instil a customer-centric culture. Key aspects of the role include:
- Leveraging deep product expertise. You will build deep expertise in our product and use cases, in order to be an internal expert on functionality and delivery. You’ll use this expertise to enable boards and company secretarial teams to get rapid value from the product.
- Manage the end-to-end customer journey as the key client contact for company secretaries, chairs and directors. Onboard new customers and existing customers to new modules, walking them through the best features of the platform that will help them to achieve early value.
- Drive frequency of use and renewal, minimising churn rates and increasing stickiness of the product. Promote other modules that can meet a current or future client need and continue to maintain a trusted relationship over time.
- Build excellent client relationships with company secretarial teams. You will be responsible for providing a consistently high level of service to existing clients in order to drive advocacy and referrals.
3. About you:
You will bring to this role:
- Strong customer centricity
- Ability to build relationships with and counsel senior stakeholders
- Uncompromising professional standards
- Confident speaking and training skills
- Change management and behavioural change
You do not need to have worked in traditional ‘customer success’ or ‘governance’ to succeed at this role. Given our product and client base, we think the ideal skill set to succeed at this role will come from 2-5 years in management consulting or similar professional services.
This is an ongoing role with competitive compensation and equity grant.
UK based (hybrid). As part of our founding team you will have a role in building our UK office and team culture in region. This role will require domestic travel, and may require some international travel to our Australian head office.
6. How to apply:
To apply for this role we are asking you to submit your application with the following information:
- A written outline of your relevant experience – this can be an attached CV or LinkedIn URL
- A set of bullet points responding to our six hiring criteria above
Please make sure you include “Customer Success Manager” within the subject line of your email.
We’ll be in touch to confirm receipt of your application.
7. Referring candidates:
If this role isn’t for you, but you know someone great who might be a good fit, please suggest them to us (an email cc’ing in the individual to our hiring address is fine). If we end up hiring your suggestion we will gratefully pay a referral bonus of a brand new MacBook Pro.
Recruitment agencies are welcome to suggest candidates, but the full extent of our payment for any successful candidates will be the MacBook Pro as outlined above.