Location: AMER Timezones Prioritized
We're looking for a Head of Revenue and Growth Engineering to join our team at Zapier. We’re on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. This is not a standard engineering role so please read on...
Zapier is a rapidly evolving company with a dynamic culture and strategic vision. We are seeking a flexible Head of Revenue and Growth Engineering to lead the transformation of our engineering strategy to align with business goals. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives on making a significant impact and is excited about working on a variety of projects, taking on high responsibility, and contributing to critical business objectives. Successful candidates will excel at building trust and credibility quickly, navigating cross-functional partnerships, and thriving in ambiguous situations.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
- You look for opportunities to have a significant impact, first and foremost. You prefer to work on a variety of different projects with a high degree of responsibility as long as you are clearly contributing to critical business objectives.
- Your impact is measured by stakeholder satisfaction, organization morale improvement, impactful customer value delivery and growth opportunities for people in your org
- You thrive in grey space– part of the fun for you is figuring out what is happening, what needs to be done, and gaining insights from multiple sources to form an opinion on what happens next. You seek out opportunities to create clarity for others.
- You first look to context and data to understand a challenge. You like to jump in to make sense of a situation– strategy, performance, culture, etc– and determine the clear opportunities to support the team to thrive.
- You navigate cross-functional partnerships and dotted-line reporting lines with ease. Building relationships and influencing others is a key strength of yours, and you can build credibility with new colleagues and teams quickly.
- You are self-aware, and know that you have a lot to learn from others. Feedback is a gift, and you appreciate a sparring partner, especially when you can learn something new. You operate with a high degree of empathy over ego.
- You have managed, coached, and developed senior leaders as well as through multiple layers of management. You can help others grow their ability to prioritize, get strategic, and lead their teams through change.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills and are adept at compelling storytelling.
- Experience: The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience as an engineering leader across multiple teams and focuses. We’re not looking for particular experience in one discipline but rather that you are an engineering generalist focused on impact.
Things You’ll Do
By definition, this role will have varying responsibilities and the scopes and spans of control will change based on business needs. The below is not a comprehensive list and you might do some or all of these types of things. This role is for someone who thrives in ambiguity and can quickly hone in on the highest impact needs.
- Strategic Leadership: You will focus on 1-2 areas of engineering at a time, based on business needs, and become the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) associated with those areas. This role requires a deep understanding of diverse business needs with the ability to set clear expectations, create a plan of action for immediate execution, and hold folks accountable to the work.
- People Management: After successfully upleveling team leadership, you will move on to another area of focus, either keeping the previous team in your reporting structure or transitioning it to another leader. You will lead teams of varying sizes and layers of leadership pending need. Some of our engineering teams are as large as 40 folks.
- Change Management: You will collaborate with the executive team to roll out change, ensuring that the new roadmap is internalized and adopted across the engineering organization. This role relies on your ability to build trust and navigate cross-functional partnerships in tandem with keeping our customers’ needs top of mind.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
United States: 269,400/336,800/404,200 USD
Canada: 269,400/336,800/404,200 CAD
UK: 169,500/211,900/254,300 GBP
Ireland/Spain: 146,400/183,000/219,600 EUR
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity. We use a competency-based approach to base pay, which means we set pay for all Zapier employees based on their competency and skills demonstrated in their role. In alignment with that philosophy, the upper half of a pay range is typically reserved for individuals who have consistently demonstrated a high level of job knowledge and skills for their current role and level while at Zapier.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We're looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base. Zapier will consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.