EmailOctopus is a simple, intuitive and affordable email marketing platform. We’re a small company making a big impact — with a growing customer base we’ve gone from strength to strength over the past seven years. Some of our current clients include Jaguar Land Rover, Universal Music, Bear Grylls, WaterAid and NPR.
We’re looking for a talented Full Stack Developer to help us make EmailOctopus the preferred email marketing platform for thousands of users around the world.
As a Full Stack Developer at EmailOctopus you’ll be working with both backend and frontend technologies; helping us to maintain our existing platform and develop new features. As our fourth tech hire you’ll have a huge amount of autonomy and input into what we build and how we build it. Your skills will help us ensure that our platform is robust, tested and set up to succeed at scale, so we can keep reliably delivering the tools for our users to send billions of emails a year.
A bit about our tech setup:
- We’re running a modern Docker PHP stack, using the Symfony 6.3 framework. We use Twig and Vue on the frontend.
- Delivering over 10 billion emails a year generates terabytes of events. Python and serverless technologies help us process that activity quickly. OpenSearch, S3 and Athena help us query it efficiently.
- ...and lots more tech, such as CloudFormation, EC2, and RDS/MySQL. Running an affordable platform at our scale presents some unique challenges and we always try to pick the right tool for the job.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Demonstrated proficiency in a modern server-side language, with 5+ years experience.
- Recent experience with a modern PHP framework, like Symfony/Laravel.
- An ability to turn mockups into SCSS/CSS.
- A passion for writing clean, well-tested and maintainable code
- The ability to work with a high degree of self-motivation and limited supervision. We’re a small company, and all team members work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Permission to work / living in the UK. We’re big advocates of remote working but we also like working in person, too. We have offices in London and Manchester.
- Work with a small, close-knit team spread across the UK and Poland.
- Competitive salary based on experience, including a structured bonus scheme that’s worth up to 15% of annual salary.
- Flexible working and a generous budget for any equipment you need to do your job well.
- A commitment to supporting your professional development, including a personal learning budget of £1,000 a year.
- A wellness allowance of £50 a month (for gym membership, yoga, massages etc).
- Enhanced parental leave.
- A sociable and supportive culture, with regular away days and socials.