Salary: £35,000 -£45,000
We are a rapidly growing CleanTech business looking to disrupt the heating industry with a new kind of low-carbon boiler technology. Decarbonisation of domestic heating is the single biggest challenge facing the UK’s goal to reach Net Zero. Heating represents over 17% of all carbon emissions in the UK.
Our product is a new type of low carbon heating technology which is becoming a game changer in the drive to decarbonise domestic heating. It’s called a Zero Emission Boiler (ZEB)® and is a direct replacement for a gas or oil boiler. It uses electricity to ‘charge’ ultra-high density thermal storage when energy prices and the carbon intensity of the grid are low. Our IoT technology and cloud-based algorithms automatically optimise the ZEB to minimise cost & carbon. The ZEB operates like a normal boiler for our customers, is easy to install and massively reduces the carbon emissions from heating.
We’ve been recognised as one of the fastest growing and most exciting CleanTech scale-ups in the UK and were recently featured on the Everything Electric Show. There’s more on our website at tepeo.com.
About the role
At tepeo, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and valued.
We are hiring a Website Developer to join our team and contribute to the development and upkeep of our web properties. As the Web Developer, your responsibilities will include overseeing the Web UI/UX for all tepeo websites and apps. You will play a key role in enhancing the user journey on both our consumer-facing and tepeoPRO installer websites. Your duties also involve keeping both websites regularly updated with optimised content and conducting audits to ensure the security, efficiency, and compliance of our online presence. Additionally, you will be accountable for enforcing branding, messaging, and design guidelines, collaborating closely with our wider teams to maintain brand consistency across all our web-based platforms.
We want people who are passionate about tackling climate change. We firmly believe in the existential threat that climate change poses to us all. This is why we’re changing the way we heat our homes.
We are an inclusive team and committed to building a team that represents a variety of perspectives and experiences, and we believe that diversity makes us stronger.
- Full-time employee to start at the earliest available date.
- Location: Remote/hybrid (1 day a week in the office or once a month)
- Support the development and implementation of our website updates across tepeo.com, tepeoPRO Partner Portal, tepeo Partnership Portal, and tepeo mobile apps, working with the Digital Marketing Manager and the wider Marketing Team.
- Specific requirements and responsibilities include:
- Strong knowledge and experience using WordPress and Squarespace for front-end website development - responsible for developing, maintaining, and updating existing website content across all sites.
- UX/UI Wireframe Responsive Website Design
- Optimise website content for front-end website development projects.
- Create and customise WordPress themes to meet project requirements.
- Utilise CSS preprocessors such as SCSS/SASS/LESS for efficient styling.
- Work on WordPress WooCommerce development for e-commerce solutions.
- Ensure website performance optimisation and have an awareness of security best practices across websites.
- Debug and troubleshoot WordPress-related issues to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) principles and implement best practices for website optimisation.
- Pay meticulous attention to detail and possess the ability to work independently on projects, in addition to collaborating with the wider marketing team.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, providing updates and addressing inquiries.
- Keen interest in the future of energy, Net Zero & decarbonising UK homes. You don’t need to be an expert! Just interested & enthusiastic.
- Experience in custom WordPress theme development.
- Proficiency with CSS preprocessors (SCSS/SASS/LESS).
- WordPress WooCommerce development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of website performance optimisation and security best practices.
- Advanced understanding of SEO principles and best practices.
- Advanced understanding of UX/UI optimised website development.
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting WordPress-related issues.
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with website hosting and DNS records.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
£35,000-£45,000 per year
25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays and 1 ‘birthday’ holiday.
Life insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Optical and Dental Insurance, Income Protection, EV Car Scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Holiday Purchase Options, Discounted ZEB for your home.
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment.
Be part of a growing technology scale-up and help shape the future of energy.