At Updraft we are on a mission to help people improve their financial wellness. We offer responsible loans and automate day-to-day money management decisions, so that people can clear their overdraft, pay off their credit cards, save more, and reach their life goals faster.
The Risk and Compliance Manager will be working with the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer to support Updraft's goals and develop and implement a strong risk and compliance framework (including KYC/AML) fit for a fast pace quickly growing business. You will interact with all members of the Updraft Team, across Product, Marketing, Underwriting, Technology, Customer Service and Collections to help Updraft deliver the best possible customer outcomes.
- Help design and implement improved risk and compliance processes
- Support the design and implementation of the compliance monitoring plan, updating it regularly to reflect the changing regulatory landscape.
- Perform assurance reviews as per monitoring plan including but not limited to oversight over:
- Policy and procedure compliance
- Call, Email and live chat monitoring
- Customer journey, including customer account reviews at all stages of the Customer life cycle, vulnerable customers, forbearance approaches, and collections and arrears management
- Complaints monitoring
- Security & Data
- Financial Promotions
- Work with business areas to help identify, assess, manage and report risks
- MLRO processes and reporting
- Run the supplier on-boarding process and ongoing monitoring
- Support the Marketing team to deliver fully compliant collateral, taking into consideration financial promotions rules, advertising standards and data protection requirements.
- Support the development of Compliance communications and training to keep the board, leadership team and wider business informed of compliance matters
- Support the completion of Regulatory returns, applications and act on communications such as Dear CEO Letters, consultations etc
- Support with external audit requests and collating information requested from business area
We are looking for someone who has a solid technical understanding of compliance and risk and has the capability to translate that into the business whilst understanding the wider needs of the each area of the Company.
You will be able to create a strong, collaborative and consultative culture to ensure that we are operating in a compliant manner and delivering the best possible customer outcomes.
- Strong knowledge and experience of UK regulatory requirements especially those relating to Consumer Credit
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a Financial Services Risk & Compliance function
- Educated to degree standard preferred
- Relevant professional qualification preferred, but not essential
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and become comfortable with a changing environment
- Good verbal and written communication, including report writing
As an early stage employee in a fast moving startup you have the opportunity to help shape the Risk and Compliance strategy.
- We'll kit you out with the equipment you need to be awesome
- You'll get unlimited holiday
- Company Pension
- Flexible and remote working - attending the London office 1 day a week when required
We welcome applications from all and are fully committed to diversity and equality as an equal opportunities employer.
Further enquires and applications (CV and covering letter) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.