At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across technology and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring on board thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
About AND Cloud Engineering
The Cloud Engineering Team is a highly specialised group of ANDis that assist clients with adopting cloud technologies, optimising cloud environments, migrations from legacy, and also providing full automation within the cloud environments. We aim to provide our clients with best practices, adopting standards, building client capability and enabling them to transform their organisations through the use of cloud.
Snapshot about you
As a cloud architect, you will act as a hands on cloud expert who has experience with design, building & optimising cloud platforms. You will work across the Cloud Engineering portfolio of clients. As a result, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Deep technical experience through direct involvement in a variety of hands-on technology projects. You intimately know the solution options available to many of the common challenges found in the Cloud arena
- An understanding of working in a professional services set-up and the dynamics of supplier-client relationships
- Be a specialist in Azure cloud arena
- Able to design cloud platforms with the ability to incorporate security and best practices into the heart of every design. You will also assist in implementing these platforms either as an individual or as part of a bigger team
- Excited and passionate about tech and making a profound impact on the business
- Understand and able to navigate broader enterprise culture, needs and challenges
- Experience in leading/managing people onsite with clients, but being a team player as part of a team of engineers within AND
- Get ‘hands on’ with the work, beyond leading and directing, and produce the required outcomes for the client
- Great at both writing documentation and presenting solutions, able to clearly express complex thoughts
- Strong interpersonal skills, connecting effectively with stakeholders and developing empathy with the needs so that you can influence and get buy-in for new ideas at a C-Suite level
- Growth mindset, naturally curious and challenging and process minded
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Specialism in Azure cloud
- Infrastructure as code experience with Azure and other cloud technologies
- Cloud Migrations and Cloud Native operations
- Experience in CI/CD & IAC tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible or chef etc
- Experience in using Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience in other Azure technologies such VDI, Windows 365, Identity & security are beneficial
Why join AND Digital
We have three values: wonder, share, and delight. These values inform how we work with clients, and our culture: what it feels like to work for AND. We believe collaboration, ambition, curiosity and fun can drive innovation by creating a better environment for problem-solving.
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us
At AND Digital we embrace diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. We are actively recruiting for a diverse and inclusive workforce so want to ensure we do everything we can to support your application.
- 26 days holiday allowance + bank holidays
- 13 days per year for innovation or upskilling
- 2 days per year for volunteering
- Share scheme
- A £1000 flexifund to use on a personalised list of benefits such Gym membership, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health, dental and optical cash plan
- PLUS many more
For a full list of benefits please visit - https://www.and.digital/join/benefits