Head of HTML Development (Creative Director), Part Time Maternity Leave Cover - 9 months
We are looking for a brilliant Creative Director to join our Professional Services department as a maternity cover. This is a part time role where you will be responsible for managing the Creative team for 9 months, reporting into the Director of Projects.
Who are we?
Ometria is a Customer Data and Experience Platform built for retail marketers to be the fastest route to sustainable growth. Ometria helps marketers plan and launch their most profitable campaigns twice as fast, increasing their customer loyalty and CRM revenue with personalised marketing messages all throughout the customer journey.
Our platform combines the data unification and customer insight of a CDP with an experience platform, letting retail marketers easily and efficiently create experiences their customers love across email, mobile, on-site, social, direct mail and more.
Ometria is trusted by some of the fastest growing retail brands in the world such as Sephora, Hotel Chocolat, Brooklinen, Davines, and Steve Madden.
We have a team of over 120 Ometrians based in North America and Europe. We have raised $75m from leading venture capital funds across the world such as Infravia Capital Partners, Octopus Ventures, Summit Action, Sonae IM and many others.
- Support the Creative team in identifying solutions to problems and to push them to continue to build out the service offering to drive innovation for our clients.
- Keep deliverability knowledge up to date and help guide the deliverability team to build out a scalable, reportable and efficient service to our clients.
- Foster and maintain relationships with marketing and technology client stakeholders
- Responsible for managing a team of Creative developers
- Provide Sales and CS teams with insight and support with questions
- Join Sales and CS client calls where needed
- Motivate and drive Creative team to hit targets and drive outcomes
- Identify opportunities for growth in the team and coach and direct learning to enable them to develop
- Provide governance and oversight to all projects
- Identify and manage risk with client projects
- Provide guidance to Technical Project Managers on how to manage situations
- You have familiarity with HTML/JSON/Email development/CSS best practices/Jinja logic and you can find fixes for common rendering issues on both desktop and mobile.
- You have managed one or more direct reports effectively and have familiarity with scoping and pricing Creative work for clients.
- Curious - you are excited about HTML and the value Ometria offers retailers. You take proactive steps to educate yourself on how HTML can enable our retailers to deliver beautiful, personalised messages at scale in a drag and drop fashion
- Driven - you want to succeed. You’re able to motivate a team to deliver on commitments and can roll up your sleeves to get things done too.
- Excellent communicator - you can communicate confidently and authoritatively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. You proactively improve how your teams communicate. You set an example for tone and communication standards with Ometrians you work with.
- Personable - you know how to make prospects and clients comfortable, and they find you both engaging and credible in all conversations.
- Ability to build relationships - with existing customers, understand their environment, and introduce concepts and recommendations that maximise the value of Ometria.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities - You take responsibility for identifying priorities, executing and delivering outcomes and results within your department.
- Adaptable - You effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, are able to make decisions at team level and act even when there are 'unknowns'.
Why join Ometria?
One of our values is “It's awesome to be here”, here are some of the reasons we love working here:
- Team of amazing people: We are committed to hiring the right people and maintaining our culture as we grow
- Making sure you’ll have an impact: We’re solving interesting challenges and you’ll have a say in how we solve them
- Supporting learning and development: We’re in this together and want you to become the best and feel supported as you do so. We want all Ometrians to be able to continually learn and grow in their roles, with our development fund we make sure the team has the tools they need to excel.
- Going above and beyond to help each other.: We’re all part of the bigger picture. We love helping each other to thrive and celebrate success together.
The amazing people of Ometria are the core of our business. We believe in making it awesome to be here for all Ometrians and place a continued focus on making Ometria an inclusive, respectful and diverse environment.
We're an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status
- 30 days holiday + 1 day on your birthday (plus bank holidays)
- Health Insurance (Bupa)
- Mental Health Support (Spill, Calm)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Financial Benefits (Salary Sacrifice Pension, DIS, Income Protection)
- Professional Development Fund