The world's largest asset class, debt, operates with the worst data.
Technology has revolutionized equity markets with electronic trading, quant algos and instantaneous news. However, in debt capital markets, the picture is completely different. It still behaves like it’s in the 1980s; trillions of dollars of trades are placed over the phone, news is slow, and corporate credit information is imperfect and scattered.
Our mission is to change this.
9fin's proprietary technology delivers fast and comprehensive financial, credit, legal & ESG analysis. Our clients are able to make faster, more informed decisions, win more business and most importantly, save time.
Our fast growing list of clients include 9 of the top 10 Investment Banks, leading Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Law Firms.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and driven platform engineer, with experience in enabling a DevOps culture within tech teams. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to provide a world-class developer experience to other engineers. You will have the autonomy to build solutions for the fascinating problems that we have to solve, allowing our customers (the software engineers) to build products quickly, securely, and to a high standard of quality.
Every day is different, but here’s an example of the kind of things you’ll work on:
- Designing and implementing high quality infrastructure as code templates/modules, and empowering software engineers to use them for their projects.
- Implementing AWS multi-account core infrastructure, and ensuring security best practices are being used across the cloud estate.
- Authoring CI/CD templates and optimisations to ensure that engineers can release as early and often as possible.
- Designing and implementing a developer portal (eg. Backstage), to provide a service catalog to the engineering team, and also author many other useful DevOps plugins.
- Contributing to observability best practices and providing key SLI/SLO metric reporting, so that the engineering team can balance velocity and reliability.
- Develop inner/open source projects to help provide a world-class developer experience to the engineering team.
This role will be a great fit if you:
- Good working knowledge of AWS services including ECS, EC2, Lambda, VPC, IAM, Route53, CloudFront, S3, RDS
- Good understanding of monitoring and logging solutions, e.g. Prometheus, AWS Cloudwatch, Grafana, OpenTelemetry, Honeycomb, ELK etc.
- Basic SRE knowledge, and experience in alerting and incident management platforms (eg. Opsgenie, Pagerduty)
- Proven ability to provide and support strong and scalable CI/CD pipelines
- Linux, Git, Docker and good scripting skills in e.g. Python, bash, Go. You should be proficient in at least one modern programming language.
- Good experience in defining Infrastructure as Code, using Terraform or Serverless etc.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with Agile development practices
- Great appetite for learning and self-improvement
- A real passion for developer experience, as well as an understanding and enthusiasm for Platform Engineering as a discipline
- Previous experience in fintech is a bonus
We’re a scaling start up and we enjoy sharing our success, when the company succeeds, we always reinvest that in our people. We also offer huge amounts of responsibility, an abundance of opportunity for growth and a platform to truly excel.
Financial & Insurance
- Competitive Salary(our salary bands are benchmarked at the top end of the market)
- Equity options
- Pension (your minimum contributions are 4% with 9fin matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Paid sick leave with Income Protection for long periods of illness
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan & Cycle to Work schemes
- 25 holiday days per year
- Local public holidays (with the ability to exchange them for alternative days)
- Hybrid working model, to allow you the flexibility to decide how, where and when you do your best work
- Work abroad for up to 3 months a year
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Enhanced parental leave & flexible working arrangements available
Training & Culture
- Professional learning and development budget
- Quarterly team socials
- Summer and Winter company social events
A note from the hiring manager
My passion for platform engineering has stemmed from my time working in centralised teams/functions in highly talented technical groups throughout my professional career. I love the fact that my customer is a highly technical and opinionated engineer, because the feedback is always speedy and valuable. I truly believe that a world-class developer experience correlates to a world-class product, and that is my drive.
Come and join us
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from underrepresented backgrounds are less likely to apply for a job if they feel that they don’t meet every single requirement. At 9fin we are dedicated to building and promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone can flourish, reach their full potential and truly belong. We recognise diverse teams allow a more creative and productive environment. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for - for this role, or perhaps another.