At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise!
Avakin Life is one of the Worlds largest and most populous metaverses, providing a full and immersive 3D life simulation experience for our millions of players. We are looking for an awesome, energetic and ambitious Senior Client Developer with a background and passion for developing World class mobile gaming experiences in Unity to join our team!
With great benefits including an employee share scheme, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re passionate about shaping the future of online communities and products, then this role could be for you!
We are able to offer this position as a fully remote role however please note, some occasional attendance in our UK (Nottingham or Cambridge) or Portugal (Lisbon) offices may be requested for relevant group meetings and company get togethers.
- Develop, create, debug, maintain, extend, and optimise code for game features and experiences
- Work with your Lead, Product Manager, and the rest of the team to plan out and deliver features
- Promote and adhere to best practices regarding code quality and performance, and continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues.
- Collaborate with other departments, including non-technical ones, to help design and develop features for a live title
- Help break down complex tasks into smaller deliverables. Agile + Scrum.
- Identify and call out risks and suggest solutions in both existing code and new features
- Keep up to date with Unity engine features and best practices for performant code
- Write clear, efficient, robust, and maintainable code using C# and Unity
- Work closely with our QA department to ensure that features do not introduce new bugs
- Participate in the architecture and code review processes of the team.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation, where appropriate
- Significant experience of product (game, graphics tools, engineering) programming with Unity
- Shipped at least two products or been part of a large live product using Unity
- Clear understanding of the Unity game engine
- Good knowledge of, and experience programming in, C#
- Experience of Mobile native build (Android/Gradle/Kotlin/Java, iOS/Xcode/Obj-C/Swift) advantageous
- Knowledge or familiarity with Unity Native Plug-in and C++ advantageous
- Experience with integration with Backend services and API’s
- Excellent communication skills: you will be working on features that require you to work with colleagues from both other Engineering disciplines and, also non-technical team
- Worked on a Continuous Delivery ‘live’ product
- Experience with build systems for mobile games (Jenkins, Perforce, SVN) on multiple platforms (OSX, IOS, Android, PC)
- Knowledge of Version control systems (Perforce, git & SVN)
- Knowledge of OpenGL/Metal
- Experience with C++ programming
- Experience working in networked/multi-player games
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience with the Unity Profiler
- Experience with creating UI-heavy features
- Experience working on a large legacy product