This is your chance to join the most exciting startup in music today: Setmixer.
Setmixer operates a fleet of recorders which capture artist performances and then mix them in an AI-assisted process to deliver shareable content within minutes. We are installed across London and have already recorded over 2,500 concerts with 5-star reviews.
We are a team of Spotify and Deezer veterans, venue and artist managers, and music lovers. We do this because we have to. We saw a gap in the market, and we could not stop ourselves.
We capture artists where they are at their best: on stage in front of their fans, feeding off the palpable energy in the room, creating unbelievable experiences. We record those experiences and mix them in an AI-assisted process, which gives them a shareable result within minutes, ready for social media, streaming and more.
We are always looking for people who share our passion. The round pegs that don't fit in square holes. The people with an inner burning energy that needs to come out. Those with the drive of a rhinoceros that does not fit in a 'normal' job. People who work hard and don't go around mountains but through them, guided by a solid moral compass and a shared mission: to make things better for artists. If this is you, we should talk – we may be perfect for each other.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build the tech through which the icons of today record their tours and the idols of tomorrow develop their first audience.
We seek a skilled and passionate Engineer to take ownership of our fleet of recorders. In this role, you will be crucial in scaling our operations from 10 to 10,000 locations and more.
You are an experienced Python and Linux guru with some background in C++ who will look after our infrastructure of remote recorders and expand our services from small venues to stadium tours. You'll build on your experience in packaging, testing and distributing builds and updates for our network of recorders to work alongside our cloud-based backend tools.
Start date: Immediate
Time: Minimum 3 days per week
- Software development (Python, C++), testing and maintenance of the software on our Linux based devices, ensuring smooth recording, application of machine learning models, and content uploading with 100% reliability that scales from small venue to stadium size.
- OTA software deployment and support to our fleet, including 2nd line support and occasional on-site support, measuring and ensuring uptime, responding to technical requests and outages, and resolving problems promptly.
- Develop dashboards that provide 24/7 visibility into the status and performance of our fleet, monitoring for any issues and implementing alert functionality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to select and implement the optimal technologies for our fleet.
- Design procedures for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance, maintaining accurate guides and playbooks as part of day-to-day work.
We believe in passion and drive. Our problems are unique and are not solved by experience alone. They are solved by your innate curiosity and a tremendous amount of drive.
Therefore, what you need foremost is:
- A deep passion for music and complex rollouts encompassing fleets of autonomous devices.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment, managing multiple problems and ruthlessly prioritising.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills with a 'can-do' attitude.
And what will help you:
- Strong knowledge of Python and experience with Linux/Ubuntu and C++, preferably on embedded remote deployments, including CI, packaging and version management.
- Expertise in fleet management, including installation, updates, and monitoring.
- Familiarity with dashboards and data visualisation tools.
- Familiarity with networking and audio programming a bonus but not essential.
If you are a driven and skilled engineer interested in embedded software and DevOps, have a passion for music and technology and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment, we want to hear from you. Join us in our mission to revolutionise the music industry and create unforgettable experiences for artists and fans.
Please apply by sending your CV highlighting your music passion and DevOps achievements to email@example.com.