Hook's mission is to reinvent how businesses engage with their customers by providing machine-learnt insights to help companies radically improve customer loyalty and revenue forecasting using data.
We’ve raised $multi-million in funding from some of the top investors in Europe and the US and have an enviable list of customers that we’re working with including some of the fastest growing companies in the world. We’re looking for ambitious people that want to be part of our meaningful vision of changing how businesses engage with their customers, and of building one of the world’s leading workplaces for great people along the way.
What you will do
You will be the third AE in our sales team and your role will be to sell Hook to companies within our target customer profile. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has had exposure to generating leads and closing deals, but now wants to develop their skills in a fast-growth and innovative company. As part of our early sales team you will have a unique opportunity to have immediate impact on Hook’s revenue and customer growth for 2024 and beyond.
This is a great opportunity to develop your sales career in a company that is willing to invest in you and support your career aspirations as we grow.What your day-to-day will include
Working in a fast-growing company means that no day is ever the same! But here are the main responsibilities and tasks you’ll undertake while working for us:
Relationship building and closing deals
- Prioritising your book of business and formulating account plans and strategies to ensure success.
- Identifying your prospects’ pain points and running product demos that highlight the differentiation & value in Hook
- Mapping out key stakeholders within a target company and coming up with tactics for managing the deal.
- Scoping out how Hook would be used within the prospect’s company e.g. implementation process and timeframes, workflows, metrics & goals that they can expect to achieve etc.
- Managing contract negotiations and closing deals in line with our revenue targets.
- Assisting our customer success team with the handover, technical implementation, trials, or proof of values that may be required
- Collecting and maintaining data needed for effective forecasting.
- Contributing to the Product, Marketing, Success, and other teams to help Hook become a better company and product, and in turn, to have a bigger impact on our customers.
- Reflecting on successes and failures, and making improvements to your ways of working as a result.
Industry and product awareness
- Keeping up to date on SaaS and customer success trends to increase your credibility in the industry e.g. subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, researching case studies.
- Learning about the experiences other customers have with Hook, so that you can apply these successes and learnings to your conversations.
- Knowing the product inside out to understand its features, value and use cases, and keeping up to date with new developments from the product and engineering teams
Lead generation (you will support the SDR team with the below tasks):
- Researching and building a pipeline of leads
- Contacting leads in order to qualify their suitability and readiness for Hook
- Booking meetings, in line with targets.
Who we are looking for
- 2-3+ years of experience selling (prospecting and closing) a SaaS product in a B2B environment
- 1-2+ years of experience of making and exceeding quota - ideally you have consistently over-achieved on your targets and been a top performer
- Desirable: Experience with ACV's >$50k
- An ambitious self-starter who wants to progress their sales career at an early-stage company full of amazing talent and with a global vision
- Able to take a strategic and structured approach to identifying new business opportunities, engaging internal and client stakeholders, and closing deals
- A strong inner motivation and a track record of achievement
- A team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Confident and passionate about the Hook product and company mission
- Competitive and tenacious - you always strive to exceed sales targets
- A positive mindset - you’re resilient and can adapt to the peaks and troughs of sales
- A quick learner and can quickly pick up new technologies or sales strategies as we grow
- Embrace team culture and uphold our company values
What we do for you
Our founder and team are incredibly passionate about creating a company culture that is diverse, inclusive, productive and enjoyable for all our colleagues. As part of a growing start-up team, we expect a lot from you and will work hard to make sure you have everything you need to be at your best. Here are some of the things we do to make that happen:
- Competitive base salary + OTE
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays (and option to buy/sell days)
- Stock options
- Private health insurance so you can get the best care you need
- Access to an interactive sales training platform with hundreds of courses to develop you as a sales leader
- A personal learning and development budget to use as you wish
- Flexible monthly wellness allowance to spend how you like, e.g. on gyms, yoga, mental health & healthy food
- Flexible working - we’ll all come together two days a week but otherwise you can work from home or come into our awesome, private office space next to Liverpool Street station.
- The best equipment and software for everyone to work with