About the Company
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 60 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
Other recent accolades saw Winnow awarded a winner of Impact 50's most impactful companies to work for. You can read more about it here.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about like minded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
People and Planet Positive. We’re caretakers of the planet, helping to preserve and support it for now and the future. Our work already minimises the impact that the hospitality industry has on the planet, and we’re also committed to actively reducing our own footprint while doing so. We’re leaving the planet and its people better off than we found them.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Customer Success Manager to lead on the delivery of the operational goals in the growing sector of contract catering. Leading a small team, the postholder will be responsible for growing a number of Strategic accounts across the EMEA region. As part of this, the postholder will be tasked with both devising the strategy for how to do this, as well as for creating action-orientated implementation plans to deliver this strategy. They will also be responsible for the performance of the accounts ensuring Winnow and client KPIs are met. These strategic accounts are critically important to the future of Winnow and this role sits at the heart of Winnow’s Operational strategy. This role is all about creating and executing effective and engaging plans to deliver on new and existing accounts within the Catering sector across the EMEA region as well as leading the team to deliver against these plans.
The Customer Success Manager will report to the EMEA Operations Director working closely in partnership with the EMEA Regional MD. Collaboration with other internal Winnow functions, such as Support, Product and the Marketing team will also be essential to maximise growth opportunities and ensure Winnow’s operating model supports the sector strategy.
This role will suit a self-starter who is looking to develop their people management skills whilst taking full ownership for a broad and growing portfolio of customers.
- Ownership of a portfolio of accounts, responsible for performance KPIs, minimising Churn, and securing positive NPS across the accounts managed
- Lead the contract catering team and providing developmental line management
- Deliver the quarterly and annual strategic objectives for the vertical
- Report to the EMEA Operations Director and MD EMEA on the performance of the accounts on a monthly basis and identify areas for improvement.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer for Catering within Winnow
- Help the client build and deliver a governance structure to provide clients timely, accurate and insightful reports, with a mixture of regular updates and ad-hoc reporting
- Develop deep relationships with key influencers and full decision-making units to help build additional demand for our products
- Manage and solve any conflicts or challenges which arise ensuring customers are communicated to on a regular and transparent basis
Education and experience
- You are likely to be degree educated
- You will have gained work experience gained in the in hospitality industry, ideally within a multi-national organization in a Client Success / Delivery or Project Management / Account Management / Consultancy capacity
- You have an intermediate level of Excel and working knowledge of Work and Powerpoint
- You have experience using Google applications to coordinate with colleagues
- You will have excellent verbal and written English language skills
- You are a data driven person who can use data to track the success of your clients
- You share our belief that collaboration is critical to achieving our mission. You can demonstrate how you have thrived working effectively in partnership with others
- You have proven experience in challenging and questioning the status quo. You enjoy suggesting creative and innovative solutions to improve the way things get done
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered value added solutions which are intuitive and easy to use
- You are passionate about your career. You proactively stay abreast of developments in your own field of study whilst being driven and committed to helping the organisation achieve its mission
- You have proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding of individuals
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to ensure you get things right the first time
- You are able to organise self, including effective project management and scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get work done, taking the initiative to help your team members. You have a growth mentality and a willingness to learn.
- 2 Wellness hours per month, plus £40 monthly wellness allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline for your wellbeing
- Group Life Insurance policy
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of paid annual leave in addition to national holidays
- Log off at 3pm on a Friday if you have completed all of your work by then!
- Ability to buy extra holidays as needed
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business