If you have experience of working in a molecular laboratory in either an academic or industry setting this is a rare opportunity to develop your skills with an expanding science-based SME with a bright future.
As a GCN Lab Tech you will be joining us during our busy spring survey season and would be mainly working on the Great Crested Newt eDNA team.
GCN Lab Tech – The Role
- Assist in processing client samples for Great Crested Newt eDNA service.
- Follow a standardised procedure to analyse water samples.
- Follow internal protocol for sample tracking & documentation.
- Keep detailed & meticulous records.
- Collaborate with other members of the laboratory team to plan & prioritise work.
- Support housekeeping activities & monitor lab stocks.
- Experience working in a molecular laboratory in an academic/industry setting.
- Familiar with laboratory health & safety procedures.
- Able to use own initiative & work as part of a team.
- Comfortable operating using standardised protocols.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised & with an eye for detail.
What's in it for you
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Salary - £25,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At NatureMetrics diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us to the communities we work with. Our values leave no space for stereotypes. We are all unique and pull together for a common purpose.
We are an expanding science-based SME with a bright future. As a world leader in delivering nature data and intelligence, NatureMetrics brings the power of genetics to frontline environmental management. Our products allow our customers to make better decisions for business and nature. We now have an exciting scale up plan backed by ambitious and supportive investors, with a mandate to ‘bring nature into the boardroom;’ helping companies understand their impact on biodiversity and the benefits of protecting it. We are a team of bright, enthusiastic individuals who are excited to be breaking new ground and disrupting the world of biodiversity monitoring. We take great pride in our work and are seeking new team members who will do the same.