Who we are, what we do & why we do it
We are Dext. Our suite of tools not only empowers accountants and bookkeepers but also directly addresses the needs of small to medium businesses (SMBs), enabling both to become more productive, profitable, and competitive. In doing so, we give these professionals and businesses back the most precious commodity: time.
While accountants and bookkeepers remain the backbone of successful business operations, we recognize that SMBs are the engines that drive economies worldwide. For more than a decade, we've provided innovative technology solutions catering to both these segments, ensuring that they harness their full potential. Dext is designed to meet the challenges faced by accountants, bookkeepers, and SMBs today, tomorrow, and in the future.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity to define, shape, and deliver the product strategy and roadmap for all customer-facing features of the Prepare Product, the foundational offering of Dext.
Dext is used by over 500,000 businesses worldwide, to automate and streamline their finances, it has been at the forefront of AI for over 10 years leading the field in extraction and categorisation, and is uniquely positioned to be the toolkit for SMBs worldwide.
As a product leader, you will play a pivotal role leading, coaching, and growing a team of Product Managers to achieve high customer satisfaction, user growth, and innovation, consolidating Dext’s position as a best-in-class solution in the accounting industry and B2B (SMB) SaaS landscape.
At Dext we are entering a transformational phase where we are bringing our products closer together to enhance customer value, provide a more personalised experience for different users, and exploring new spaces where we can play. This role is pivotal in driving this vision and defining and shaping the direction.
Define and deliver the roadmap (12 months +):
- Accountable for defining and delivering the roadmap for product features, ensuring alignment with overall company goals and customer needs. Taking the lead on multi-team or complex initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements, understand customer pain points as well as product strategy and incorporate them into the product roadmap.
Lead and Mentor Team:
- Lead the Prepare product team, fostering a culture of high performance, innovation, and collaboration.
- Mentoring and growing each Product Manager to own their roadmap and stretch their vision for their product area.
- Engage with senior leaders across the organization, proactively identifying and addressing concerns while leading complex and strategic projects.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Design, and central teams to ensure effective distribution of work and optimal resource utilization, clearly understanding priorities in line with product strategy.
Drive Retention, Adoption and Growth
- Accountable for the adoption and engagement metrics of new features and existing features.
- Use user insights, data analytics and stakeholder feedback to drive decision making in where the teams focus their efforts.
- Monitor and optimize customer satisfaction, aiming for high NPS (Net Promoter Score) for both the team and the products.
Drive Customer-Centric Approach:
- Keeping up to date on competitor landscape market trends and applying it to the product.
- Regularly talk to customers, including bookkeepers and accountants to understand their needs and help inform product development
- Instill a customer-centric mindset in all aspects of product development, ensuring that user needs are at the forefront of decision-making processes.
- In depth knowledge of the accounting industry.
- Experience with the unique challenges of the SMB B2B audience
- Experience building, growing and leading high performing product management teams.
- Expert in product craft and agile methodologies.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams.
- Track record of developing, launching, and growing successful products, especially in scale-up environments.
- Ability to both dive into the detail where necessary or take a step back and think strategically
- Collaborative: Foster teamwork and productivity.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: Thrive in an environment with uncertainty.
- Curiosity: Always looking for better ways to do things
- Ability to Lead: Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Ability to Make Decisions: Make informed and timely decisions.
What you will be part of - our values, culture and behaviours:
We are a highly ambitious, innovative, market-leading FinTech. We are a global, Private Equity backed business (HgCapital), but we have the dexterity and pace of a scale-up. We are uncompromising in our desire to achieve our best, day-in day-out, and we have three clear values which guide everything we do:
Be Brave - Everyone in the company has a voice to challenge ideas and the status quo.
Be Exceptional - We set high standards for ourselves. We aim to be exceptional at what we do.
Be Together - We are one team. There is no such thing as individual success without team success.
Our behaviours are how we practically live and breathe our values and are an essential part of life at Dext. Our behaviours guide us, and inform the way in which we communicate, collaborate and support each other. They are:
Be Diverse, be Courageous, be Considerate, be Transparent, be Focused, be Accountable, and above all, be Dexterous!
- A competitive salary;
- Flexible working;
- 25 days off plus bank holidays, volunteering days, summer hours and a day off the week of your birthday;
- Employer-paid private medical insurance and health cash plan (Medicash - reloadable shopping cards, cinema ticket discounts, online discounts and more!);
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to the Learnably platform where you can spend your annual L&D allowance - https://www.learnerbly.com/;
- Payroll giving;
- Income protection;
- Mental health support through Help@Hand.