UX Specialist (with UI skills) at a TechStars startup
at Aire in London
Aire is a an awesome start-up working on developing an alternative credit scoring methods for consumers who don’t have credit history, these range from young adults, expats, migrants and generally people who are new to borrowing. We have had a lot of recognition of our work, we are currently working in Barclays-Techstars accelerator, finalists in BBVA 2014 Open Talent, UCL Advances Runner ups, Top 8 FinTech companies in London, Top 25 start-ups in London, Wayra finalists and the list continues.
As a company, we believe in full transparency about the credit scoring ecosystem that we are re-inventing. So here is a detailed & transparent job post for you to really learn about what the job is about:
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Options + Fun Times
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING:
- Designing the complete user experience of our consumer offering.
- Working directly with the founding team, to shape up the interaction design of our product with our customers
- Given the small size of our team, you would definitely be involved in shaping the trajectory of the product iterations (we are on v0.2 currently)
- We recognise that UX and UI are different skillets, but at this stage, we do need someone who has a good eye for UI and can help product high-fidelity user interface designs for our initial product as well
- Getting involved in other functions of the company — we aren’t very big, so we love people ready to roll up their sleeves and help out where they see an issue.
- Getting to go for team dinners at amazing places in the area (we are all foodies too)
- Strong experience in mobile UX and overall product design
Knowledge of iterative product development so you can participate pro-actively
- Ability to produce high-fidelity UI outputs as well that can be used for live systems
- Experience in building products for a B2C market (consumer facing)
- Experience with start-up environments and desire to keep learning.
- Right to work in the UK. We are not able to sponsor any visas.
- Understanding of technology in the financial services (including experience designing PFM or related finance apps)
- We’re building a cross-disciplinary team, so your flexibility with technologies is a big plus.
- We would to see if you have a voice of your own – send us your blog, thoughts, ideas that you have been dreaming up.
- Experience of working in other places outside London
- Personal interest in FinTech and perhaps even credit scoring
WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE INTERVIEW:
- A little bit of fun.. but mostly we just want to learn about your personality, attitude and background.
- We hope to learn something from you: expertise about a new design framework; insight into a trend; a novel approach to solving a problem—something we don’t know yet. What’s your potential? What can you bring that no one else can? What past projects can you share with us?
- In the final stage, you will be expected to mock up a new way to solve an existing problem.
- Immediate feedback from your interviews. We don’t like to keep people waiting.
Aire is a TechStars company in London.
We are a FinTech startup looking to re-invent credit scoring for individuals. Using methods of machine-learning and statistical modelling, we are deriving a new way of deriving a credit score. And we have people with all sorts of backgrounds at the company, trying to solve this worldwide problem.
Imagine you have the opportunity to change the world for the better. Imagine things you’re working on have a real impact on how quickly people are able to improve their lives and reach their potential. That’s the vision of Aire.
- Our team has serial entrepreneurs who understand the importance of people & team. It is always our top priority.
- Much like in our prior startups, we take care of our people really well. We know it is hard work, but we make it rewarding.
- We are open about people wanting to get involved in other parts of the company – if you can contribute meaningfully, get involved.
- The company is built with a positive view to helping people we serve (i.e.: our consumers) – and we bring this same positive mentality to our team as well, ensuring we help them grow and mature
- And obviously we all love Friday Beer O’clocks, team events and the bake-offs. Creative ideas are welcomed.
- Friends for life
Learn more at: http://aire.io
Please note, we cannot sponsor any visas.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Aire
- Head of Engineering at Aire at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- Senior Data Scientist at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- UX Designer (pref with UI skills too) at Aire at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- Software Engineer - Backend at Aire at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- Senior Python Engineer (Head of Engineering) at a Techstars startup. at Aire in London 28-08-2014
- Python Full-Stack Engineer (with MongoDB) at Aire at Aire in London 21-02-2014