Senior Python Engineer (Head of Engineering) at a Techstars startup.
at Aire in London
Aire is a TechStars company in London.
We are a FinTech startup looking to re-invent credit scoring for individuals. Using methods of machine-learning and statistical modelling, we are deriving a new way of credit scoring for consumers that is open, fair and transparent.
- Looking for a Python engineer with 5 years+ of experience. We already have two other Python team members, so this is a Head of the Engineering role.
- Getting involved in other functions of the company — we aren’t very big, so we love people ready to roll up their sleeves and help out where they see an issue. Looking at security, scalable architecture and data storage et al.
- You will also be working directly with our Data Science algorithm team. If you understand R.Py – that is a bonus, as our current algorithm is done in R. Including looking at NoSQL (eg: MongoDB solutions)
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Options + Fun Times
SUPER AWESOME IF YOU HAVE:
- Understanding of statistical functions within Python data ecosystem (NumPy, SciPy), and if you know R (or R.Py) that is a great plus
- Experience with MongoDB. (But if you know other NoSQL DBs like Voldemort, Apache Cassandra – that’s cool too)
- Personal interest in FinTech and perhaps even credit scoring
WHAT IS OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- We just want to learn about your personality, attitude and background.
- We hope to learn something from you: expertise about a new technology; insight into a trend; a novel approach to solving a problem—something we don’t know yet. What’s your potential? What can you bring that no one else can? What open source projects can you share with us?
- In the final stage, you will be expected to produce and debug code in an unfamiliar codebase.
- Immediate feedback from your interviews. We don’t like to keep people waiting.
WORK CULTURE at AIRE:
- Our team has serial entrepreneurs who understand the importance of people & team. It is always our top priority.
- Much like in our prior startups, we take care of our people really well. We know it is hard work, but make sure it is rewarding for you too.
- We are open about people wanting to get involved in other parts of the company – if you can contribute meaningfully, get involved.
- And obviously we all love Friday Beer O’clocks, team events and the bake-offs. Creative ideas are welcomed.
- Friends for life
Please note, we cannot sponsor any visas.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Aire
- Head of Engineering at Aire at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- Senior Data Scientist at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- UX Designer (pref with UI skills too) at Aire at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- Software Engineer - Backend at Aire at Aire in London 05-11-2014
- Python Full-Stack Engineer (with MongoDB) at Aire at Aire in London 21-02-2014