at The App Business in London
The App Business is looking for a talented and dedicated Product Owner to represent the product vision and the interests of the customer to the scrum team. A successful product owner will work as part of a dedicated scrum team to ensure sufficient understanding and elaboration of product requirements exists, and that the product delivered meets business expectations, as well as be available to field questions from the team. This individual will define requirements keeping the business, end users and any other actor into consideration and is responsible for maintaining a prioritised backlog that the team will implement to deliver the project effectively and on time.
The Product Owner will have a vision for the product roadmap and will be the sole point of contact representing the team with business stakeholders. This includes arranging clear and engaging demonstrations of the product as it evolves,communicating project status to key stakeholders and presenting options and recommendations when needed.
YOU WILL BE
- Visionary, with the ability to think ahead for the product roadmap.
- Commercially aware, and a strategic thinker.
- A developed leader, with extensive problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a “can do” approach.
- Focused on delivery with a passion for quality and innovation.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, and contributes to ongoing organisational improvements.
- Someone who cares and fights for their product – who wants to be proud of their work.
YOU MUST HAVE
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a product owner with a proven track record of delivering high profile, business focused solutions in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent client-facing skills, with experience working with business stakeholders to capture requirements, ideally in the form of user stories, and effectively articulate these to the wider team.
- Hands on experience in mentoring junior members of the team.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of typical business processes and functions.
- Excellent organisation skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment across large-scale projects.
- A strong understanding of the value of collective responsibility and collaboration to ensure incremental delivery.
- An in-depth understanding of the concept of ROI, and experience tracking this for past projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders and team members.
- Experience driving the evolution of a product and its roadmap through new feature development in regular sprints.
- Work to regular short sprint deliverables and incremental delivery.
- A cool head in the face of continuously evolving requirements and changing situations.
IT’S NICE IF YOU HAVE
- A working background in mobile products.
- An understanding of good user experience.
- Experience in creating wireframes or mapping customer journeys.
- Undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above.
- If you have passion, skill, and want to join us in building great software and continuing to break boundaries with new ideas and concepts, then apply now and tell us how you will make a difference here at The App Business.
If you have passion and skill, and want to join a fast growth company building brilliant products that push the boundaries of mobile, then apply now and tell us how you plan to make a difference at The App Business.
The App Business (TAB) is an award-winning, full service, specialist mobile software company that grew out of three inspirational years working with Steve Jobs. Helping to launch the iPhone, App Store and hundreds of apps convinced us that software is eating the world and that people are now turning to ‘apps’ to navigate their daily lives. With this in mind, we built The App Business from the ground up, to help businesses meet the challenges and opportunities in our emerging ‘programmable world.’
We work with brands to help them create business-transforming software experiences, across smartphones, tablets, desktop, social media, even TVs – wherever the audience is. Our approach is ‘audience-led, technology-informed’, meaning we blend in-house app strategists and interaction designers with specialist software engineers to craft ideas and technology that actually works.
We’re a unique company that is changing the way brands develop ideas and engage audiences. Working with us, you’ll be exposed to a highly successful and entrepreneurial digital technology business.
We want people to develop at The App Business more fully than at any other point in their career. We take on big, testing challenges, provide all the support that people need to conquer them and give everybody an opportunity to shape the future of our ambitious company.
Our working culture is modelled on our experience with Apple. Ultimately open, friendly and relaxed, we’re committed to ensuring it’s easy for everybody to communicate, to share ideas and find solutions. This positive culture is created by our shared ambitions, passion and commitment to hard work.
- Holiday allowance of 22 days and an incremental day for every full year worked (up to 30 days).
- Extended Christmas holidays (that won’t count as holiday allowance).
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- £250 per annum tech/gym grant.
- Training and development.
- Free daily breakfast/fruit/refreshments/Red Bull.
- Free drinks on Friday.
- Team lunch every last Friday.
- TAB social events including Summer party and Christmas party.
Recent jobs at The App Business
- Resource/Traffic Coordinator at The App Business in London 06-05-2015
- BD/Marketing Intern at The App Business , Anywhere 01-04-2015
- Bid manager at The App Business in London 27-03-2015
- .NET C# Developer at The App Business in London 25-03-2015
- Java Developer at The App Business , Anywhere 25-03-2015
- Ruby Developer at The App Business in London 25-03-2015
- Solutions Architect at The App Business , Anywhere 25-03-2015
- Automation Test Engineer at The App Business in London 25-03-2015
- Product Owner at The App Business in London 25-03-2015
- Test Engineer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Automation Test Engineer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- iOS Engineer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Android Engineer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Ruby Engineer/Developer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Solution Architect/Architecture Owner at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Scrum Master at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Senior Product Designer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Product Owner at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Support Engineer at The App Business in London 16-09-2014
- Scrum Master at The App Business in London 24-07-2014
- Solutions Architect at The App Business in London 24-07-2014
- Ruby Developer/Engineer at The App Business in London 24-07-2014
- iOS Engineer/Developer at The App Business in London 24-07-2014
- Test Engineer at The App Business in London 23-07-2014