Android developer: Rewrite our mobile/tablet app using CouchDB to handle offline persistent data
at Commusoft in London
(₤35000 - ₤50000 per year)
Situated in London, CommuSoft is a young, fast-moving, fast-growing technology company providing desktop and mobile software to service companies. Our users login and utilise the application all day, it helps them run and manage their business so everything we do has a huge effect on 1000’s of people.
We are re-designing our mobile apps for a new version of CommuSoft which will be wholly focused on user experience. We have an established customer base in the UK and are aiming to expand internationally next year.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Android Developer to head our Android development team, to have full control over our Android phone and tablet application, and take ownership of the application. You’ll be part of a continuously evolving product delivery team with a busy roadmap of work, big ambitions and an absolute focus on ‘mobile first’. You will be working closely with our designer to ensure a quality user experience that fully utilises the opportunities available on the Android platform.
We’re keen to provide a polished, awesome user experience which users will love. This focus on design is unique within our business niche, and helps differentiate us from our competitors.
Commusoft is a large application with complex functionality, so experience in handling large architectures would be desirable. We’re building a product that seamlessly persists data while offline using CouchDB as the underlying data storage and replication system.
- Bring a host of ideas and your experience to our new Android product.
- Acting as lead or Senior Android developer.
- Deliver across the entire life cycle – design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Working directly with developers and product designer to develop, build, test and release.
- Optimising performance for the apps.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies.
- Have worked and built Android applications on phones and tablets for at least 2 years.
- Must have previous experience in building data driven mobile applications with offline capabilities.
- Have built and can demo applications with slick animations.
- Experience with Subversion or GIT.
- Write tests at every stage.
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME).
- Familiar with the Android SDK.
- Good Knowledge of REST API’s.
- Good understanding of ANRs and how to prevent them.
- Working experience in Android Studio.
- Understanding of Gradle and how to use it for building with support/third party libraries.
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills.
Other desirable skills (not essential to apply, but preferred):
- Have experience in working with syncing offline and online databases with CouchDB.
- Experience of working with localisation.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Have experience supporting business clients.
Salary between £35,000 – £50,000
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Commusoft
- Client services manager at Commusoft in London 07-04-2015
- iOS developer based in London Greenwich at Commusoft in London 06-01-2015
- Front End Developer (Angular JS) at CommuSoft in London 16-01-2014
- Client Relationship Manager at CommuSoft in London 15-08-2013