at Reincubate in London
Reincubate is a young technology, data and media company based in London. The company’s focus is on building and investing in useful applications and data.
We use a number of cool tools in our Python environment, including Django, nginx, uwsgi, Backbone.js, whoosh, JQuery, git, Selenium, TeamCity, fab, virtualenv, memcached, S3, CloudFront, Ubuntu Server, MySQL, haproxy and HTML5. We’re toying with puppet, and Redis, and we dig DevOps. Our desktop apps team are knee-deep in C# and Mono.
In a given month our applications are downloaded more than 50,000 times, and our sites receive more than 3,500,000 impressions.
We have a space for a passionate individual looking to join a start-up and make a real difference building awesome Python and Django commerce and social applications. You’ll get to influence the products and work closely with the rest of the business, not least to shape an incredible development environment.
Your main responsibility will be the design and build of our web applications, working alongside our small team.
- Strong Python coupled with a Pythonic mindset
- Great core platform stuff: Django, git, JQuery, MySQL, Ubuntu, Ajax
- An appreciation for agile & test-first
- Bonus points for start-up engineering & scale (data, request volume) experience
- Bonus points for security and data forensics interest
- Bonus points for mad C# skillz
We look for a number of characteristics in any new hire. In particular we value intelligence over years’ experience or academic credentials. We also look for:
- Fast, creative and enthusiastic learning, reading and perhaps blogging
- Analytical approach to, and motivation from, difficulty, coupled with a strong competitive nature to excel
- Desire to build a career within the company; able to step up and take on bigger challenges in a start-up environment
- Strong communication, collaboration, & planning skills
- Self-starting and independent attitude
How to apply
Drop us a note with your CV or LinkedIn profile, and let us know what cool stuff you’ve been hacking on, in or out of the office, and how you could improve what we do. Ideally, send us a link to your GitHub so we can check out some of your code. If you have a terrible joke, send that too.
If you’re a good fit for us, we’ll set you a little test before inviting you to meet the team.
Recent jobs at Reincubate
- Junior Management Accountant at Reincubate in London 07-01-2015
- Forensic Software Engineer at Reincubate in London 20-07-2014
- Business Analyst / Marketing Performance Manager at Reincubate in London 23-05-2014
- Online Performance Manager (growth hacker) at Reincubate in London 07-02-2014
- Ecommerce Manager at Reincubate in London 02-07-2013
- Product Manager at Reincubate in London 02-10-2012