User Experience Designer - Brighton
at Brandwatch in Brighton
Brandwatch is building something special. We have already created the best Social Media Monitoring platform in the world, but that’s just the start. We’re actually on a mission. A mission to bring together the things we do well – engineering, design and understanding customer needs with the huge tech-tonic shifts in the world towards being more online and more open. We are going to create new products that we see as new forms of intelligence to help our current customers and future users be smarter, quicker and more productive. Better. Bolder. More Brilliant.
We have achieved a first level of scale, with more than 200 staff and 1,000 customers but we want to do more. Not just more customers and more money blah blah blah……we are building something that makes us feel proud. An organisation that shines out from anyone’s resume. You know the kind of thing we’re talking about.
Our clients love Vizia, they tell us so all the time. The way it looks, the ease of its use and the impact it can have on the way they choose to do business. We want to make sure that we continue to exceed expectations. With this in mind we are now hiring a User Experience Designer to help us create new interfaces and extensions to our data visualisation application.
If you are motivated by combining design and usability, then this is your chance to see your designs showcased on the social media hubs of major brands across the globe.
Working in a cross-functional team, the ideal candidate will champion the usability of our software, ensuring that it is both visually appealing and easy to use.
Your duties will include:
- Liaising with our Product Owner to turn requirements into user friendly designs
- Running a creative process and designing new and original data visualisations
- Producing storyboards, wireframes, user flows and high fidelity prototypes
- Run usability test sessions
- Help keep the UX group up to date with new developments within the UX community
What you need:
- A solid academic record with a background in interaction design, data visualisation, graphical design or human computer interaction (HCI) field
- Strong experience working within the UX industry or as a visual designer, preferably in a product focused environment
- Skill in using prototyping tools such as Axure and Balsamiq
- Experience with building data visualisations for the open web is a mega plus
- Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment
- Quiet hours for developers so you can work uninterrupted throughout the morning
- Spacious new offices in the Brighton North Laine, with “Who’s coming for burgers on the beach” being a regular lunch time call in the engineering department
- Work with people all over the world…and use telepresence robots for meeting remote colleagues… provided you don’t mind seeing a Berliner colleague’s face rolling past on a robot!
- “Funky Friday” takes place every other week giving you 10% of your time to work on something new, reading groups, tech talks, generous training and conference budgets, and any technical books you need
- All the usual start-up temptations…cupboards bursting with snacks (a range to satisfy all taste buds), fruit boxes, drinks fridges… and of course coffee.
- Innovation time put aside to work on your own projects
- A company that values creativity and cares about its staff
- An environment where constant innovation and having fun are required
- A flat company structure where everyone’s voice can be heard
- Opportunities to develop your career
- Based in our Brighton HQ in spacious new offices
- 25 days paid holiday
- Bike to work scheme & childcare vouchers
- Employer pension contribution from August 2015
- Weekly smoothie bar & sushi days
- Foosball table
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Recent jobs at Brandwatch
- Linux Systems Administrator - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 16-04-2015
- Network Administrator - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 16-04-2015
- Technical Lead/Java Development Lead - London at Brandwatch in Brighton 11-02-2015
- Senior Product Owner - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 26-01-2015
- Senior Product Owner - London at Brandwatch in London 26-01-2015
- QA Engineer - London at Brandwatch in Brighton 19-12-2014
- Sales Executive at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- Sales Development Representative at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- Account Director at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- PR Manager - EMEA at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- Account Manager at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- Java Developer (f/m) - Berlin at Brandwatch in Berlin 24-09-2014
- QA Engineer - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 22-09-2014
- Technical Support Engineer - Brighton at Brandwatch , Anywhere 22-09-2014