Cambridge Intelligence is an award winning software start-up based in Cambridge (UK). We make KeyLines, an innovative browser-based visualisation software toolkit, which lets organisations see and explore networks in their data.
Continued commercial success means we need an experienced software test engineer to join our product development team. You will work closely with our engineering team to help us ensure that our product releases are of the very high quality that our users expect.
You will work on KeyLines, so we will expect you to have a deep understand of the complexities associated with testing a truly graphical product and the issues associated with delivery across a wide range of modern and legacy browsers.
* Work closely with our engineering team through the development sprints to identify and implement appropriate testing approaches
* Ensure that the engineering teams are producing a testable products and that adequate unit tests have been provided
* Ensure that there are appropriate strategies (in terms of breadth and depth) for: manual UI testing, API level testing, system testing, black/ white box testing and regression testing
* Write, review and execute manual/ automated tests as required
* Ensure that all test approaches are clearly documented with fully auditable results
* Issue management: log and track issues, agree priorities with the product manager, ensure issues are reviewed as part of the sprint planning process
* Prepare reports to communicate the results of quality assurance activities
* Work with our support team to replicate and investigate user issues
* Specify, develop and maintain quality assurance/ testing infrastructure
* Identify and track quality assurance metrics
* Continually review and improve our overall quality assurance approach and practices
* Minimum 2 to 3 years’ active experience in a software testing/ QA role
* A track record of helping to deliver high quality software products
* Experience of testing graphical applications
* Familiarity of test frameworks and test automation
* Managing test infrastructures, using VMs or cloud based testing environment, e.g. BrowserStack, SauceLabs
* University degree or equivalent experience
* Fluent spoken and written English.
Candidates who can also demonstrate the following will move to the front of the queue:
* Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
* Experience using modern testing tools such as Karma, Mocha, etc., and test infrastructure e.g., PhantomJS
* An interest in data visualisation
* Experience of NodeJS (we run NodeJS Cambridge)
* Linux housekeeping skills.
Our remuneration packages are competitive and will depend on your experience and ability. All jobs are based in Cambridge, so you must be eligible to work in the UK.