Junior Business Analyst required for fast-growing social enterprise at the cutting edge of the sharing economy.
Who we are:
A leading player in the growing Sharing Economy, Echo is a social enterprise that is changing the way businesses, individuals and communities trade – using a currency of time and skills, rather than pounds and pence.
Echo members buy and sell their skills, services and resources, using a currency called Echoes. 1 hour = 1 Echo.
Echo brings together local people and organisations to create a community-wide marketplace where the more you put in, the more you get back. We specialise in helping organisations from small start-ups to sizeable corporates unlock dormant resources to trade, ensuring we can offer a wealth of skills and services to meet our members’ diverse needs.
What we’re doing has simply never been done before and in our first 12 months, Echo has been featured across the national press, championed by Google at their ‘Leaders of the Sharing Economy’ panel event, identified by central government as a main player in their Sharing Economy Review and invited to No 10 Downing Street to highlight its successes and challenges.
Working with us offers the chance to be a part of a leading sharing economy start-up. We’re at the cutting edge of collaborative currency so working at Echo is the type of opportunity you simply won’t get elsewhere.
Echo is young and growing rapidly. We are looking to recruit a Junior Business Analyst to work closely with our small team to collect and analyse user data, providing significant and actionable recommendations for growth. More specifically, the successful candidate will:
• Collate and analyse data around membership numbers, activity and demographics using our own system plus external programs (e.g. Salesforce, Google Analytics)
• Review, automate and streamline the data collection process, advising other team members to improve operations. Take ownership of these processes to ensure quality and influence the development of our new trading platform
• Work closely with the team and support them with data querying, analysis, visualisation, interpretation and gaining the necessary insights to make improvements to marketing, operations and development
• Carry out qualitative evaluation of this methodology to measure the value and impact both from a financial and social perspective
• Create detailed reports on all of the above
This role requires a candidate who is:
• Intellectually curious with strong numerical and analytical skills, highly proficient with MS Excel
• A self-starter
• A creative problem-solver
• Passionate about creating social change through innovation and technology
• Innovative, imaginative and intuitive - we are a small team where your ideas and input really matter
• An excellent communicator with a high standard of written English who is able to convey complex ideas in a straightforward way
• A team player
Some relevant experience in data analysis, knowledge of SQL and at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R) would be advantageous, as is a strong desire to develop these skills rapidly. The ideal candidate has a 2:1 or higher degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a similar field and some relevant work experience.
And what can Echo offer you?
Alongside the opportunity to see and contribute to all sides of an innovative start-up, we offer:
• A genuine chance to help shape our strategy with your ideas.
• £28k-£30k p.a. salary
• Flexible, fast and experimental work-processes
• Lots of social, networking and learning opportunities
• A fantastic view from your desk at our Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park HQ
To apply, please send us your CV, LinkedIn and an email describing your suitability for the Junior Business Analyst role.
Deadline for applications
Wed 7th January 2015 at noon
Interviews will be held in Stratford on 12th and 14th January 2015