Digital Shadows provides cyber monitoring services to high profile organisations. We're an award winning start-up, and since being founded in 2011 we haven't stopped growing. We've got ambitious plans for 2015, and are seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey as we grow our UK operation, and expand to the US.
Our innovative data processing platform and client facing portal are expanding in capability and complexity as the company grows. We design new features by working with our clients to identify their requirements and our short, agile development sprints produce substantial new functionality every 4 weeks.
We are looking for an experienced test manager to take ownership of our test strategy and plan and coordinate our testing activities. You will develop and execute exploratory and automated tests in order to ensure the quality of our product. You will also ensure that issues and defects are appropriately documented, prioritised, tracked, and resolved.
This is an important role in a small, growing team and is a huge opportunity to drive the quality of our product and make the role your own.
If you think this is for you, we're accepting applications until 6pm on 6th February 2015.
* Defining and maintaining the test strategy
* Co-ordinating test activities across the development team
* Architecture of automated test frameworks
* Writing and executing test cases (manual and automated)
* Automating test cases
* Maintaining test environment and controlling test data
* Reporting on quality and progress, including signing off releases
* Setting and maintaining quality standards for accessibility and cross-platform compatibility
* Assisting in gathering requirements and writing user stories
* Experience of working as test manager/sole tester
* Ability to pick up new skills and technologies quickly
* Sound understanding of software development practices
* Experience of working in an Agile environment
* Experience of BDD and ability to write tests in Gherkin syntax
* Software development skills, specifically Java
* Experience of writing and maintaining automated tests, ideally using Cucumber-JVM and Selenium
* Motivated self-starter with good people skills and the ability to fit into small, close-knit team
* Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases, ideally Postgres, MySQL and MongoDB
* Interest in cyber security