We are an early stage tech company based in Old Street, East London.
We consider ourselves a High Street intelligence company. We have an app that connects our nationwide crowd-sourced workforce, aka our Smartbees, to large consumer companies looking for in-store visibility or at-home insights. We provide this aggregated and digestible data which clients love, so much so we already have a number of multi-national clients, an over subscribed funding round and a team that is perhaps just a little bit cocky team. ;-)
The all star team is made up of entrepreneurs that have exited mobile start ups previously, top tier management consultants and we have even managed to poach some of the management team from our international competitor (oops!). But we need another pair of hands quite quickly who is keen to learn what business development in a real fast-paced start up is like.
Naturally being a start up everyone is required to wear a number of hats. The role is diverse though with a focus on sales/marketing. Our clients are large FMCGs, so we need to breakdown the barriers and shout to the rooftops to let them know how we can rock their world.
You'll be involved in all business development, sales and marketing activities, including:
• Crafting and closing deals with strategic partners
• Setting up and conducting most of our Customer Development interviews
• Handling direct and explorative sales
• Analysing the marketplace to develop the perfect product and pitch
• Defining our marketing message for both venues and consumers
• Managing our PR, Social Media and Branding activities
You will be either a recent graduate (with impressive grades or at least something impressive to show for university life) with some real world work experience under your belt already – perhaps in a fancy consulting or advisory firm. Or perhaps not. But, seriously, experience of a fast paced sleep deprived environment would be mega useful.
• Business Development
• Generating Leads
• Building Relationships
• Closing Deals
• Explorative Sales
• Customer Development
Bonus Points For
• Experience in the FMCG space
• You don't have to google what FSDU stands for
• If SKU range rationalisation means something to you
• Wizard at ppt and xls
• You think collecting many data points from a number of sources and spotting a pattern is sexy
Brucey Bonus Points For
• Language skills - we need them all. Tell us what you got.
• Interesting (unusual) degrees and/or post graduate qualifications.
• Travelled, lived and worked outside the UK
Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience ( do people really use this phrase? ) but we can promise we'll be able to provide invaluable insights of working in a start up while having fun at the same time. We offer a gorgeous working environment (with windows and views - trust us this is a big deal) in Runway East, Old Street.
If you think you might like us ( and we might love you ) contact the Bee Hive and say hi. Remember to include all the usual things and anything else you think we might like to learn about you.