*RightScale* is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
The Cloud Solutions Engineer - Delivery works in the RightScale Professional Services group to deploy a variety of applications across multiple cloud providers and platforms for our customers and partners.
Our headquarters are in Santa Barbara, California. This position can be based in our Edinburgh office or work as a cloudie (remote) from London or anywhere in the United Kingdom.
*What you'll do on the job:*
* Act as a subject matter expert for cloud deployments and solutions.
* Lead the technical implementation of portable multi-cloud application deployments.
* Coach customer and partner teams to ensure success and best practices.
* Collaborate to build and onboard private cloud platforms.
* Work with the RightScale Support group to assist with technical queries and troubleshooting.
*The ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:*
* Experience providing consulting, installation, software engineering, and customer support.
* Advanced knowledge of cloud concepts, web services, and APIs (including Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, SoftLayer, and Microsoft Azure).
* Strong OS automation skills using Ruby, Chef, Bash/shell scripting, and/or Windows PowerShell.
* Experience deploying and administering PHP, Rails, Python, Java, and .NET solutions.
* Linux experience (CentOS, Ubuntu, and RHEL) and/or Windows Server systems.
* Database deployment and administration experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle).
* High availability, scalability, and performance optimization experience with distributed deployments, HTTP traffic load balancing, content caching, master-slave database replication, and database sharding.
* Experience with cloud orchestration software including Apache CloudStack, OpenStack, and Eucalyptus.
* Experience with virtualization and hypervisors (Citrix Xen/XenServer, KVM, and VMware ESXi).
* Networking configuration experience (IP, routing, VLANs, and VPNs).
* Identity and access management knowledge (Active Directory, LDAP, OpenID, oAuth, and SAML).
* Secure engineering practices plus systems hardening.
*Education and certifications:*
* Familiarity with the RightScale Cloud Portfolio Management platform.
* A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent).
* Technical development or systems engineering qualifications such as Red Hat Certified Engineer and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
*Some perks of working at RightScale:*
* Competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options.
* Regular social events, including the legendary RightScale Employee Meetup in California.
* The RightScale spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time) for engineers.
* Encouragement and support for professional growth through ongoing learning opportunities both inside and outside RightScale.
* Domestic and international travel will be required to meet project and business objectives.
* Occasional weekend travel due to the time required to travel to some regions.
* Total travel estimated at 25-30 percent.
Sound good? Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to lead the cloud computing revolution.