We are a peer-to-peer lender offering borrowers affordable loans and lenders great interest on their savings with unique protection. Lending Works was founded with the belief that financial services should be fair again - lending and borrowing directly from each other benefits real people, not the banks.
We are now just over a year old and are at the start of our exciting journey. Currently we are a bunch of 10 highly motivated, nurturing and caring entrepreneurs spread across underwriting, software development, finance and marketing, who love a good bit of office banter and always put the customer first.
So if you like a challenge, and who better to challenge than the big banks, we’d love to hear from you!
*About the job*
We’re looking for a 3 month Paid Search/PPC/Performance Marketing Contractor to hit the ground running and help us nail Google and Bing (+Facebook if you have the skills). Being an online platform, paid search is a super important acquisition channel for us which we want to own. You’ll report to our Marketing Manager and own all paid search activity - from finding keywords to helping create landing pages. You will be tasked to grow and optimise our PPC efforts, working towards aggressive but achievable targets.
Depending on the performance of the campaign, there is a possibility of this could turn into a permanent position, if you want it to.
* You are paid search – you’ve been running paid search campaigns since you can remember and have the scars (testimonials) to prove it.
* You're creative - just whilst reading this, you have already come up with five different ad copies to test and made estimations around which will perform best.
* Data is your best friend – everything you do you can back up with data. You might even be able to beat our CFO in an Excel-off.
* Exploring is part of your DNA – you are always looking to identify new keywords to reach your audience
* You don’t beat targets, you smash them – you go above and beyond to get the best possible ROI, constantly improving campaigns.
* You spread the love – you are able to communicate your learnings regularly and clearly to the wider team.
* You are a paid search pioneer – you are aware of the newest trends and changes in Google’s algorithms and able to change campaigns accordingly.
* You don't do late - you are very proud of your work and deliver on time, every time.
* You’re self-motivated and results-driven - you love startups and understand the pressures and demands of our fast-moving, ever-changing business.
* You leave your ego at the door - we are proud of our very open way of communicating and giving feedback to each other and you feel comfortable embracing this.
*Skills and experience*
* Proven track record in an SEM focussed role with at least 5 years’ experience with Adwords and Bing
* Experience with Facebook advertising is a plus
* Comfortable working with startups
* Know how to set up and optimise campaigns from keyword research and writing ad copy to bid management
* Can produce PPC analysis and reports including: performance, keyword research, competitive analysis, account audits etc.
* Monitor technical PPC performance on a weekly/monthly basis
* Ability to take ownership of projects
* Organised and detail orientated
* Have strong structuring and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* See opportunities rather than challenges
* Experience in the personal finance space is a huge bonus
Please send us a summary of your success with paid search including contact details from previous clients and your CV including your day rate.
*What do we offer?*
* A friendly and vibrant working culture and people who are keen to help each other
* A place for you to grow and develop
* Pension and a range of other employee benefits for full time employees
* Weekly food shop
* An office with a view and balcony
We reside in two rooms in Exmouth House on the fourth floor with a great view and an awesome balcony. Being close to Exmouth Market has its benefits - there is an abundance of food choices for lunch. Our favourite is Moro's on Friday - Lamb day!
We look forward to meeting you!
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications for this role, we are unable to reply to every single applicant. If we do not get in touch with you within two weeks of you applying, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.