We believe chefs deserve technology that helps them make their kitchens more productive. Chefs deserve tools that allow them to focus on being creative and managing teams, not filling out paperwork or sitting in an office. We believe that food is too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we use food.
Winnow develops innovative, accessible technology to empower people to get the most from their kitchens and reduce unnecessary wastage. We believe that what gets measured gets managed, and that by using technology and information intelligently, kitchens can be made more efficient.
We are Winnow
Our Vision: To be globally adopted as the solution to reducing waste in kitchens.
The Mission: To connect the kitchen to empower chefs to run a more efficient operation.
We are a Seedcamp backed start-up based just off the Old Street roundabout. Our flagship product, the patent-pending Winnow system, helps kitchens reduce overproduction and food waste, in turn improving their net margins by 40% while becoming more sustainable and serving better quality food. We list major contract caterers and hotels already as clients and have ambitious growth plans in the UK and internationally.
Food Waste is one of the biggest resource productivity opportunities in the world. We know, one of our founders led McKinsey & Company’s research on sustainability prior to founding Winnow.
We’ve been featured on the BBC, the Guardian, and have won the LARAC award for Best Waste Minimisation or Prevention Project through the FoodSave programme. We were also runners up in the Food Processing – Appetite for Engineering awards, and the Hotelympia Innovation Awards.
At Winnow we are all proud to be working on something that both does something good for the world and builds a profitable business at the same time.
Are you passionate, pragmatic, pioneering, collaborative, helpful and honest?
We are committed to providing exceptional services to all our customers and are currently embarking on challenging new projects. We care that you are a strong communicator, with a process driven mind and exceptional organisational skills.
The Role: to lead the implementation of Winnow with our clients, including
• Help kitchens set up and learn to use Winnow in their operation
• Build meaningful relationships with chefs to help them improve the way they mange kitchens
• Identify ways Winnow could be further delight our customers
• Work closely with our technology team to help prioritise product development
• Develop internal processes and documentation to help us scale up our business
We’re going quickly so expect opportunities to grow your responsibility within a short period of time
• Passion for food and strong interest for technology
• Startup attitude. Excited by the opportunities and challenges of working in a fast paced environment
• Genuine interest in operations and quality control
• Understanding of the catering industry. Ideally with experience as a chef or front of house management
• Process driven, enjoying devising processes and constantly refining them
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Hard working and thrives from being in control of own schedule
• Team player, involving other areas of the business
• Ambitious: smart, motivated and eager to succeed in rapidly growing startup
• Ready to bring fresh ideas to the table
• A brand ambassador. Proud to represent Winnow externally and make us memorable for the right reasons
• Great interpersonal & communication skills, with a special ability to engage with different stakeholders throughout the catering business.
• Proficient in project management and prioritisation of tasks.
• Strong numeracy skills, ideally skilled with Excel, SQL or high data centric skills.
• Great understanding of budgets, labour, stock, cash control and produce quality, preparation and service of produce accordance with agreed menus, prices and policies within the catering industry.
What will you get for this opportunity?
• Fair compensation - experience and/or education based
• Opportunity to take equity in a fast growing startup
• Real business experience
• Opportunity to learn and responsibility
• Fun and exciting experience
This role will have plenty of opportunities to get involved in independent projects and a chance to learn about all areas of our business. If you are interested in seeing what it's like to with a passionate team, building a real business while making the world a better place – get in touch.