Solution Architect/Architecture Owner
at The App Business in London
We’re on the look out for a perfectionist: a ‘big picture’ thinker who understands that the key is in the detail. As a Solutions Architect, you’re never happier than when you have complex architecture and design challenges to tackle. With an evangelical commitment to quality, you’ll work with one of the largest dedicated mobile teams in the UK to solve challenges across the backend services and APIs we build.
You should be constantly learning, striving to improve your craft, and happy to work as part of a cross-functional Agile team. You’ll also be keen to learn from others and pass on your own knowledge to improve those around you.
To find out more about us, visit our website
YOU WILL BE
- Leading the overall vision and iterative design of solution architectures that will change how users of our software view and interact with the world, for some of the biggest brands and organisations on the planet.
- Bringing a breadth and depth of system design and software development experience together, you will lead the technical direction of projects, ensuring that the software we produce is secure, efficient, compliant, scalable and maintainable.
- Leading the project in the analysis of user stories and requirements, ensuring that we apply the right technologies to deliver the best possible solution. We believe that successful software is audience led, and technology informed.
- Facilitating the team in the delivery of the solution; liaising with internal and client stakeholders to ensure that all aspects of solution design are developed and delivered to your vision efficiently, whilst managing schedule and technical risk.
- Leading cross-functional teams, day-to-day, ensuring that the agile process is being followed and evolved correctly in order to deliver high-quality software to our clients in an on-budget, on-time, pain free way.
- The first technical point of contact for our clients, helping them understand our recommendations and ways of working and ensuring that expectations are correctly set internally and externally.
- Setting incredibly high standards in every element of your work, and manage teams to hit those standards for themselves.
- Driving innovation through the company by developing smart ways to shape ideas.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Proven experience leading the vision, design and development of solution architectures for complex real-world business problems across a range of system boundaries.
- In-depth analytical skills, with a proven ability to elaborate initial user stories into a set of cohesive stories and requirements that can be iteratively developed throughout the course of a project.
- Strong communication skills between a wide range of technical and non-technical internal and client stakeholders.
- Ability to integrate cohesively with clients, providing continual management of technical decisions. Expertise in leading a client through all stages of a project.
- Extensive system design experience, with proven track-record in designing and leading development of systems that are efficient, compliant, scalable and maintainable.
- Excellent technical knowledge, with in-depth knowledge of fundamental software design principles, and proven application in at least one core development language.
- Detailed understanding of the system and level software architecture; proven ability to apply architectural patterns to real-world problems.
- Proven experience in resource management, with an understanding of the technical resource requirements to fulfil a project vision.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Obsessive attention to detail and quality standard.
- You will also have good negotiation skills.
IT’S NICE IF YOU HAVE
- In-depth knowledge of Agile and Scrum project management processes and experience of implementing them across a range of projects.
- Good understanding of visual design and UX, including themes such as progressive enhancement, graceful degradation and responsive UI.
- Detailed understanding of cloud-based systems.
- Knowledge of systems operations principles.
- Experience in technical client training.
Recent jobs at The App Business
- Resource/Traffic Coordinator at The App Business in London 06-05-2015
- BD/Marketing Intern at The App Business , Anywhere 01-04-2015
- Bid manager at The App Business in London 27-03-2015
- .NET C# Developer at The App Business in London 25-03-2015
- Java Developer at The App Business , Anywhere 25-03-2015
- Ruby Developer at The App Business in London 25-03-2015
- Solutions Architect at The App Business , Anywhere 25-03-2015
- Automation Test Engineer at The App Business in London 25-03-2015
- Product Owner at The App Business in London 25-03-2015
- Test Engineer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Automation Test Engineer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- iOS Engineer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Android Engineer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Ruby Engineer/Developer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Scrum Master at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Senior Product Designer at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Product Owner at The App Business in London 12-02-2015
- Support Engineer at The App Business in London 16-09-2014
- Product Owner at The App Business in London 08-09-2014
- Scrum Master at The App Business in London 24-07-2014
- Solutions Architect at The App Business in London 24-07-2014
- Ruby Developer/Engineer at The App Business in London 24-07-2014
- iOS Engineer/Developer at The App Business in London 24-07-2014
- Test Engineer at The App Business in London 23-07-2014