MIME Consulting is a young, innovative strategic and technical consultancy. We have a particular focus in the education sector, working predominantly with schools, local authorities and charities. We offer a range of data consultancy services, including analysis, modelling and visualisations. We also specialise in user-friendly software and website design and have a range of web-based systems used in schools. We take pride in our creative ability to make complicated information accessible to a range of audiences to ensure that our analysis has maximum impact.
In 2014, we won the Nesta/ODI Education Open Data Challenge for our new careers advice platform, "Skills Route":http://www.skillsroute.com
Working at MIME offers a unique opportunity to do interesting, challenging work, whilst also making a real difference to the future life chances of young people.
We value talent and drive, and are looking for a smart, motivated analyst to join the team. We have a permanent vacancy for a highly numerate applicant with at least one year’s experience to join us as a Senior Analyst, working across a diverse range of projects and systems.
Working closely with the rest of the consulting team, the successful candidate will have a variety of roles, including:
* Data analysis and visualisation for our clients using a range of analysis tools, including Microsoft Excel and Tableau
* Manipulating and preparing data for our web-based systems including Skills Match, Intelligent London, EYFS Tracker, Applied Learning Tracker and DataPix, as well as helping to develop the MIME Data Hub (our core information repository)
* Other work on client facing projects. This will vary depending on the skills you bring, but may include report writing, surveys, desk research, running focus groups, design work and more
* Quality assuring work carried out by other members of the team to ensure that they meet our exceptional standards
* Participating in the development and roll out of Skills Route, for example, helping to prepare data, test new features and promote it
* Supporting users of our school software
As we are a small consultancy working on as many as 20 different projects at any time, there will be opportunities for a proactive applicant to get involved in many different aspects of the business, from client meetings, to idea generation, right through to implementation of projects.
*Skills & Interests*
* Highly numerate and analytical with a First or 2:1 in a numerate degree from a top university
* At least one year’s work experience in either an analytical, technical or consulting role, or a teaching or other education role
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (ideally including VBA)
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Well organised, able to juggle multiple demands on your time
* Great interpersonal skills, comfortable liaising with clients and working as part of a team
* Self-motivated and able to pick up new ideas quickly
Ideally you will also have:
* A passion for education and the impact that it can have on improving the lives of vulnerable young people
* Experience of other analytics and database tools/languages such as Tableau, Microsoft Access, SQL or other relational databases
* An eye for good design (since many of our projects require that our analysis is presented in attractive and engaging ways)
*What you will get*
* The opportunity to develop a wide range of technical and analytical skills, and apply these to real world social challenges
* Genuine responsibility on client-facing projects from an early stage
* The satisfaction of making a real contribution to the growth of a young, dynamic business
* Exposure to a wide range of different elements of work
* Mentoring and peer support from our managing director and other consultants
* Building an understanding of how a small consultancy operates