Avenue Story is currently looking for a self-motivated, personable and ambitious individual to join our growing and successful Reservations team in our London headquarters, in Notting Hill. The role is full time on night shift and weekends.
This call desk is increasingly busy and demanding, you will be part of a team that assists and guides our guests through the booking process of their perfect apartment in Paris, London or one of our new and exciting destinations. May it be for business or a fantastic holiday in the City of Lights, you will get to know our guests preferences from location, type of accommodation and deliver a tailor made, individual and customised proposal every time. We take great pride in offering a personal approach to every request, you will always get to speak to someone on the phone may it be a couple from New York planning their honeymoon in Paris to the family from Sydney travelling for the first time to Europe. You will need to figure very quickly what their ideal trip will be and then help them make the right choice about the apartment, area and even recommendations on cultural, as well as touristic sights that might be of interest.
The role is ideal for someone with:
Previous experience gained in a Sales/Reservations/ Call Centre environment within the Hospitality and Travel industry.
Previous experience in the online travel, hospitality and tourism industry who has a strong interest to develop their career into Sales and Account Management.
Here are some of the activities our Sales Executives handle day to day:
Selecting the right AvenueStory apartment for particular guest requirements and providing an excellent, prompt and personalized service in a competitive and fast-moving industry
Taking the guests through the process from initial enquiry to confirmed booking
Confirming availability, offering quotations, alternatives and all info regarding the booking process
Liaising with new owners or agencies and coordinating availability calendars
Liaising with Operations, Management and other sales team members to ensure a booking is confirmed smoothly and service delivered efficiently every time
Chasing down leads, closing deals, processing payments and managing rental contracts
Managing Travel agent requests
- A good knowledge of Paris and London which you can share confidently and inspirationally with people who may know very little about these cities
- A keen interest in Travel and Hospitality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be open to the change and adapt
- Entrepreneurial and high spirited attitude
- Tenacious, patient and quick at finding solutions
- Previous experience in a similar role, and driven by achieving and surpassing personal and team targets
- Good level of French, able to communicate with guests and owners
- Ability to build rapport quickly, warmly enthusiastic and insightful
- Friendly and confident nature, not afraid of talking on the phone
- Organised, proactive and energetic
- A good degree in business, tourism and hospitality studies background is welcome but not essential as long as you have impeccable communication skills, willingness to learn and admirable work ethic.
Working within a small and dynamic team in a rapidly expanding start-up, where not a day is the same, almost too much responsibility at times. Occasional trips to Paris, event invitations, training on and off site.