We are looking for a QA Engineer with a strong background in both automation engineering and manual testing to be a part of our Sticky9 development team. The role involves working on a fun and fastgrowing product currently within the Instagram ecosystem. The application is written in Ruby on Rails, and you'll helpus test new features for it.
● Developing an automation test suite for Sticky9.
● A member of an Agile team, working towards continuous delivery.
● Liaising with team members to support a smooth transition from product initiation to delivery.
● Building clear documentation of systems developed and maintained.
● Keeping up to date with (and actively pushing) cutting edge technology.
● Aware of the bigger picture, specifically an understanding of the impact that the team’s code will have on the live systems under various conditions.
What we're looking for
The Must Haves
● Passionate about reducing defects and shipping high quality products.
● Hands on experience with Cucumber and Capybara.
● Ability to build strong and consistent test suite using our BDD tools.
● Familiar with programming language concepts (preferably Ruby) and regular expressions.
● Ability to read, understand and review test code.
● General understanding of ecommerce sites and highvolume transactional websites.
● Experience with Git.
The Nice to Haves
● Exposure to an Agile working environment.
● Awareness of CI tools such as Jenkins.
(Our) Personal Attributes
● Communicative and social We're a nice bunch of developers, testers and product owners and great communication is the key to our success.
● Collaborative and conscientious – This is a team sport. We realise we'd be nothing on our own (and that's why we need you).
● Helpful – As a team, we help each other out whenever and however we can.
● Detail Focused – We're obsessive in our pursuit of the best customer experience.
● Enthusiastic – We’re building things we care about and we love what we do!
● Continual improvement – Learning, learning, learning. That's what it's all about.
What will you get?
● Centrally located offices in London with free coffee/tea, bean bags, pingpong table and popcorn. We even celebrate your birthday with cake and beer!
● 20 days annual leave, rising by 1 day per year until 5 years service.
● Competitive salary and up to 15% annual performance bonus.
● Matching pension contributions capped at 3% from PhotoBox.
● Group Life Assurance at 4 x basic salary.
● Season ticket loan.
● PhotoBox employee credits worth £70 to use on our website.
● Opportunity for cash & gift rewards through our employee referral scheme.
● My Bargain Box provides access to retailer discounts.
● FujiFilm product discounts.
● Childcare vouchers.
About Incubator by PhotoBox
The PhotoBox group is a people powered technology company that bridges the digital and analogue world. PhotoBox needs to be in a permanent state of startup. To ensure this we have created the Incubator, whichis our start up from within. Sticky9 helps instagrammers and other consumers make their memories real through physical products like fridge magnets, stickers, calendars, phone and tablet covers.
Our Culture and Brand is all about being creatively awesome; in everything we do from a single tweet to the quality of our packaging to a blog post to our UX, to our CRM. We believe great design makes the world a better place.
Our revenues have grown dramatically in the last year and we are still very much in startup mode. Our growth has accelerated and diversified as we’ve become more and more international. Last year we shippedto over 80 countries and this role has been created to help us go even faster. For us to succeed we need someone who is enthusiastic and passionate to sketch their greatest work so farThe canvas here is almost blank.
Come join us and help us build a new platform for selfexpression, celebration and sharing that is redefining the way people experience and enjoy their photos.
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please no agencies all CVs recieved will be treated as kind gifts.