We are looking for a QA engineer to work as a “test expert” for our PaperShaker development team, a fun and fast growing site in the PhotoBox ecosystem. The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong background in both automation engineering and manual testing. The role will involve working across the two brands within the Incubator, which means flexibility is required to be able to switch between the projects.
● Developing & maintaining the existing automation test suite for PaperShaker.
● A member of an Agile team, working towards continuous delivery.
● Liaising with team members to support a smooth transition from product initiation to delivery.
● Following best practice in BDD.
● Building clear documentation of systems developed and maintained.
● Keeping up to date with (and actively pushing) cutting edge technology.
● Aware of the bigger picture, specifically an understanding of the impact that the team’s code will
have on the live systems under various conditions.
● Managing release procedures.
What we're looking for
The Must Haves
● Passionate about reducing defects and shipping high quality products.
● Hands on experience with Cucumber and Capybara.
● Ability to build strong and consistent test suite using our BDD tools.
● Familiar with programming language concepts (preferably Ruby) and regular expressions.
● Ability to read, understand and review test code.
● General understanding of ecommerce sites and highvolume transactional websites.
● Experience of working with a web services architecture.
● Experience working with an Agile process e.g. Scrum or Kanban.
● Experience with Git.
The Nice to Haves
● Experience with Appium framework.
● Understanding of cloud based infrastructure (AWS).
● Awareness of tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Vagrant.
(Our) Personal Attributes
● Communicative and social We're a nice bunch of developers, testers and product
owners and great communication is the key to our success.
● Collaborative and conscientious – This is a team sport. We realise we'd be nothing on
our own (and that's why we need you).
● Helpful – As a team, we help each other out whenever and however we can.
● Detail Focused – We're obsessive in our pursuit of the best customer experience.
● Enthusiastic – We’re building things we care about and we love what we do!
● Continual improvement – Learning, learning, learning. That's what it's all about.
What will you get?
● Centrally located offices in London with free coffee/tea, bean bags, pingpong table and
popcorn. We even celebrate your birthday with cake and beer!
● 20 days annual leave, rising by 1 day per year until 5 years service.
● Competitive salary and up to 15% annual performance bonus.
● Matching pension contributions capped at 3% from PhotoBox.
● Group Life Assurance at 4 x basic salary.
● Season ticket loan.
● PhotoBox employee credits worth £70 to use on our website.
● Opportunity for cash & gift rewards through our employee referral scheme.
● My Bargain Box provides access to retailer discounts.
● FujiFilm product discounts.
● Childcare vouchers.
About Incubator by PhotoBox
Incubator is the startup within PhotoBox that is responsible for innovation and creating new revenue streams for the business, including the PaperShaker and Sticky9 brands. For us to succeed we need people out to make a dent and with a desire to sketch their greatest work so far. Come show us what you can do. PhotoBox leads the European market for online photo printing and sharing with over 24 million members.
We are the market leaders because we're passionate about what we do – the photography and the collaboration – and how we do it – insanely great products and customer service. We help people create memories and keep them alive through Photobooks, cards, wall decor, mugs, tshirts, and more.
We've built an active and extensive online community that sparks much of our innovation – we’re always finding new ways to engage with them and share the joy of PhotoBox.
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Please no agencies, all CV's received will be treated as kind gifts.