Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, our brand new office will provide you with a creative, innovative, dynamic and socially active environment that will set you up for success.
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
*WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL*
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Test Engineer to be involved in the BDD process. As a Test Engineer you will work closely with our cross-functional agile teams. You'll be working in a fast-paced, forward-thinking collaborative team environment as we look to move our architecture from a single application towards micro services.
*WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS*
Candidates are not expected to have all of the skills and experiences listed, but should have a majority of them and the ability and interest in acquiring those they don’t yet have. Reporting into the Quality Assurance and Test Lead.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Championing effective test automation and good testing practices.
* Being involved throughout the development lifecycle, to ensure new services and features are specified and designed to be effectively tested and build something great.
* Providing test strategies that can adapt to both simple and complex and requirements and be flexible to changes.
* Passion to understand and evaluate different testing tools or processes to continuously improve the test automation approach.
* Providing development and test strategy standards for automated tests, encouraging best practises across teams.
* Producing a high quality, maintainable library of reusable and/or extensible test scripts.
* Great collaboration and communication with developers, by sharing tools and working together to develop automated tests, not in isolation!
* Aiming for quality through high test coverage, but where that’s not practical aiming for high confidence in what were is testing.
*THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR*
A team player with excellent communication skills, who is well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and has the ability to work both technical and non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team. They will welcome and encourage change, bring their own ideas to the function, while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
*THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED*
* Good knowledge of a language for writing automated tests (Ruby or Java an advantage).
* Functional testing, but ideally also performance and stress testing.
* Automated Testing in a Continuous Delivery approach, with the need for short feedback loops.
* Testing web applications with knowledge of browsers and user-interface testing techniques.
* Testing microservices and web services with RESTful APIs.
* Testing with language specific stacks of: Ruby - Rspec or Java - JUnit / TestNG, Mockito (or EasyMock, JMock)
* Measuring and reporting on coverage for code and functionality.
* Working within Scrum teams using Agile methodologies and BDD tools and principles.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Writing ‘Production quality’ test code.
* Behaviour driven testing using BDD (Gherkin) specifications.
* Mocking and data driven testing.
* Continuous Integration of automated testing.
* Test-first approach to the design and testing of user stories and features.
*IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!*