Client name confidential at this stage. An international co-working space brand with presence across several countries is looking for a General Manager for their established top 5 co-working space in London.
A well established major start-up co-working space in London, forming part of a larger group of international co-working spaces. With several hundred permanent members and frequent events at the Event Venue, the co-working space is a highly popular part of the London startup community.
The General Manager will be responsible for:
- delivering monthly and annual P&L
- Managing all day to day affairs of the space
- Managing a small team of staff and interns
- Managing all marketing and sales activities for memberships and event venue
- Ensuring desired member occupancy levels
- Ensuring desired Event Venue use
- Ensuring the high ‘community spirit’ at the co-working space is maintained
- Establishing and maintaining relationships across the Startup community and corporates
- Working with MDs of the other co-working spaces within the group to maximize opportunities and benefits for our members
Profile of candidates
The successful General Manager will possess the following:
- A passion for startups and London startup community
- Entrepreneur at heart (you are likely to want to start your own start-up at some point – we’d be disappointed if you didn’t).
- Energetic outgoing personality (a ‘people person’).
- Previous P&L responsibility
- Ability to work with senior decision makers at large organizations as well as taking care of the ‘day to day’ minutia of managing a large co-working space