Boticca is a global marketplace for fashion accessories from emerging designers. We have over 10,000 pieces and 300 designers selling from over 40 countries around to world to over 90. We were named 3rd after ASOS and Shopstyle in the Times top 50 websites for fashion and beauty.
The company is well backed, having secured $7m from leading VC firm MMC Ventures and French entrepreneur fund ISAI as well as wealthy private investors.
These past few months have been hugely exciting for us, seeing the arrival of a new management team, new hires and the launch of a fully responsive site (built in just 4 months), backed by a new technical stack (ZendFramework 2, Apigility, AngularJS, MySQL, Solr) that puts the company (19 people) in a strong position to accelerate growth in 2015.
We work in a fast paced environment, practicing Kanban (JIRA, Github and Slack). We are fanatical about making sure we have the right tools, processes and data capture in place (huge fans of Segment.com, Inspectlet, Heap Analytics, Custora and Bronto) in order to be able to deliver the best when it comes to usability and design.
Our goal is to be a global leader within a $70bn market.
More about us here (tyba.com/company/boticca/) and here (https://boticca.com/page/about).
Boticca is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and thorough QA Specialist to support our QA function on a full-time basis.
Reporting in to our new QA Lead, you will be working with our development team on new and existing feature development. The role will predominately consist of manual exploratory and scripted testing as well as developing and maintaining the test automation suite coverage.
You will execute manual tests, document results and create test plans, working with a team of first class software engineers. You will start designing, coding, executing and deploying automated test scripts using a variety of scripting and coding environments.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technically minded tester with a passion for testing Web/e-commerce applications to further their career with a rapidly growing and fast-paced organisation where testing is a key and integral part of the software delivery lifecycle.
* Web software testing experience using different techniques like exploratory, cross browser and functional testing
* Strong test automation experience (ideally Behat, Cucumber or Selenium)
* Ability to produce accurate defect reports as required using JIRA
* Ability to identify and execute test cases specifically related to web-based systems
* SQL proficient
* A logical thinker with meticulous attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Thorough and inquisitive mindset
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
* Desire to be part of a fast-growing start-up and build a business
* Ability to work comfortably within a fast paced agile environment and react quickly to change.
* Fun person with a sense of humour
* Experience with continuous integration techniques
* Programming experience (ideally PHP) and experience of testing RESTful APIs.
* Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies
* Degree or HND in an IT discipline.
* ISEB accreditation in Software Testing.
* A minimum of 2yrs testing experience.
* A minimum of 1yr working with and testing web based technologies.
* Experience with Responsive web design testing.
Start Date: ASAP
Proof of identity as well as eligibility to work in the United Kingdom, will be required at interview stage.
Salary: Up to £35k plus stock and bonus for the right candidate.
*STRICTLY NO AGENCIES*