Linux Systems Administrator - Brighton
at Brandwatch in Brighton
Brandwatch is building something special. We have already created the best Social Media Monitoring platform in the world, but that’s just the start. We are looking for great people to help us write the next chapter in Social.
We are now hiring a Linux Systems Engineer to join our Systems team in Brighton. Candidates choosing to remote work in the Brighton or Berlin offices may also be considered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Improving the infrastructure of the Brandwatch Applications, currently NginX, Node.js, Apache Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Apache Solr, Elasticsearch and Apache HBase running on Debian GNU/Linux
- Assisting the product development teams to ensure new products and features are fast, secure, robust, correctly monitored and scalable
- Automating service and infrastructure provisioning, currently using Puppet and Ansible on a mixture of physical and virtualised servers
- Taking part in the operations support rota, to ensure that our applications run smoothly at all times
- Contributing ideas and insights to the Systems Teams and the Engineering Department as a whole
What you need:
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, including performance tuning and scripting (Bash, Python and/or Ruby), and ideally using Debian GNU/Linux.
- Experience with configuration management, ideally Puppet or Ansible
- Monitoring and tracking of production systems experience, ideally Nagios, Sensu, Graphite and Logstash
- Experience of supporting web services, ideally via Node.js or Java/Tomcat
- Experience of managing both SQL and NoSQL databases, ideally PostgreSQL and Apache HBase
- Passion and sharpness
- Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment
- Spacious new offices in the Brighton North Laine, with “Who’s coming for burgers on the beach” being a regular lunch time call in the engineering department
- Work with people all over the world…and use telepresence robots for meeting remote colleagues… provided you don’t mind seeing a Berliner colleague’s face rolling past on a robot!
- “Funky Friday” takes place every other week giving you 10% of your time to work on something new, reading groups, tech talks, generous training and conference budgets, and any technical books you need
- All the usual start-up temptations…cupboards bursting with snacks (a range to satisfy all taste buds), fruit boxes, drinks fridges… and of course coffee.
- Innovation time put aside to work on your own projects
- A company that values creativity and cares about its staff
- An environment where constant innovation and having fun are required
- A flat company structure where everyone’s voice can be heard
- Opportunities to develop your career
- 25 days paid holiday
- Bike to work scheme & childcare vouchers
- Employer pension contribution from August 2015
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Recent jobs at Brandwatch
- Network Administrator - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 16-04-2015
- Technical Lead/Java Development Lead - London at Brandwatch in Brighton 11-02-2015
- Senior Product Owner - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 26-01-2015
- Senior Product Owner - London at Brandwatch in London 26-01-2015
- QA Engineer - London at Brandwatch in Brighton 19-12-2014
- User Experience Designer - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 04-11-2014
- Sales Executive at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- Sales Development Representative at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- Account Director at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- PR Manager - EMEA at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- Account Manager at Brandwatch in Brighton 02-10-2014
- Java Developer (f/m) - Berlin at Brandwatch in Berlin 24-09-2014
- QA Engineer - Brighton at Brandwatch in Brighton 22-09-2014
- Technical Support Engineer - Brighton at Brandwatch , Anywhere 22-09-2014