Set up in 2012, Miappi is a VC funded start up who have built a social media aggregator site, with a web app and mobile app focus.
Miappi clients include Sony Music, Bauer Media (who own over 90 brands including Kiss.fm, Empire, Grazia) and Diageo. Miappi helps clients increase the reach and engagement of their social content by delivering multiple social media feeds via one app and website.
The company was founded by three Directors who have extensive experience in web apps, media and digital industries, one of whom previously built and sold ArgoGroup.
With headquarters in central London and expansion plans into west coast USA, Miappi are increasing their technology expertise in London by hiring one contractor and one permanent developer.
The current company set up enables developers to work from home if desired – you would need to come into central London weekly for meetings, general catch ups and to get to know the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established, funded start up development team of three developers to build out the apps, website and mobile solutions in line with the product road-map.
You will work on a number of projects which include: continued development of a dashboard which will enable clients to manage and analyse their social media feeds; building in Google Analytics to the site; incorporating additional functionality and improving the front end UI.
• Integrate with third-party APIs, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr
• In-depth knowledge of PHP & MySQL
• UNIX, must be comfortable on the Command Line
• Experienced in working with an ever growing dataset
• Good understanding of JSON APIs
• Familiarity with RESTful architecture
• Working knowledge of CSS3, HTML5, JS
• A basic understanding of how to test effectively. Exposure to or an understanding of TDD would be an advantage
• Good knowledge of version control, ability to write clean, efficient and maintainable code
• Self-starter with a bias to project ownership. The ideal candidate will be in charge of the Social APIs
• Time management skills and ideally will be available during UK working hours. 9am - 6pm
• Confident in their abilities
• Able to clearly and effectively voice their ideas and not afraid to ruffle feathers
• Strong attention to detail
• Desire to learn new skills, technically curious and likes to keep up with technological developments
You will be asked to provide up to three example project/code samples that demonstrate the above, prior to a phone interview.
All candidates must have excellent business English skills.
Direct Reports: Will be expected to work under own initiative, but will report to our product manager. You must be an individual freelancer and will not be able to outsource or share this work with others.
No recruiters and no agencies. UK based freelancers only please.