CareChampion is a curated marketplace between careseekers and high-quality senior home carers.
It is difficult to find good carers and it is difficult for exceptional carers to be paid any better than bad carers that work in this industry just for the money.
Our product is almost finalised in the back-end side buy our CTO in php (laravel framework)
We’re now looking for an experienced and proactive front-end developer to help our website have an excellent UI/UX grow who is eager to be part of the team to work on the fun challenges ahead.
At CareChampion everyone is directly responsible for the success of the business so if you’re looking to build your own boat and are entrepreneurial then you’ll love this opportunity!
This position is a part-time freelancing position but when we secure funding this could become a full-time position.
If you would like to strongly influence the direction of the product and get involved early, we'd love to learn more about you.
You can share your code by:
-Sending us a link to your public Git repo
Overview of key responsibilities:
- Ownership of front-end development
- Provide input on user journey for new features or enhancements
- Bug fixing
- Creating visually appealing web pages or interfaces, including responsive designs
-Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
- Conducting observational user testing, testing compliance to specified standards such as accessibility standards in the clients region, reviewing designs against usability heuristics and writing unit tests
- Optimizing web related code for load speed and lower bandwidth usage
- Assuring all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Carrying out both maintenance of the current platform as well as assist with the continuing development of new features
- Translating functional requirements into outstanding product designs, focusing on workflows, wireframes, information architecture and user interactions
Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 and bootstrap
- Excellent knowledge of SASS
- Knowledge of jQuery and AngularJS would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of PHP, ability to understand and patch some PHP code would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of Laravel framework would be beneficial
- SQL knowledge
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them