CareChampion is a curated marketplace between careseekers and high-quality senior home carers.
It is difficult to find good carers and it is difficult for exceptional carers to be paid any better than bad carers that work in this industry just for the money.
Our product is almost finalised in the back-end side (PHP, laravel), We're now looking for an experienced and proactive PHP developer to work together with the CTO to accelerate the product development, who is eager to be part of the team to work on the fun challenges ahead.
At CareChampion everyone is directly responsible for the success of the business so if you’re looking to build your own boat and are entrepreneurial then you’ll love this opportunity!
This position is a part-time freelancing position but when we secure funding this could become a full-time position.
If you would like to strongly influence the direction of the product and get involved early, we'd love to learn more about you.
You can share your code by:
-Sending us a link to your public Git repo
Overview of key responsibilities:
- PHP development - new features, product enhancements and bug fixing
- Provide input and ideas on implementation options
Skills and Experience
Essential skills for the role:
- Excellent knowledge of PHP experience
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, use of design patterns
- Experience working with Laravel frameworks
- Ability to produce clear lightweight technical documentation
- Solid understanding of SQL databases, ability to design schemas from scratch
- Linux experience, ability to work at the command line
- Experience using version control systems
- Application testing discipline through use of unit tests, Selenium or test driven development
These skills are not essential for the role but would be beneficial:
- Experience working for a product development company
- Experience of other programming languages
- System admin experience, ability to perform basic operational maintenance
- Working in an agile development environment
- Profiling, performance optimisation
- Experience scaling Web applications
- Working with Amazon Web Services