Do you want to join an exciting early stage start-up into the geolocation and in-person networking space? Do you dream about connecting people and devices using a variety of technologies so we can be more productive? Are you motivated by working in a dynamic fast-paced environment? We’re looking for a big data analyst specialised in large-scale graph processing. We’re headquartered in London but you can be anywhere as long as there’s reliable broadband for collaboration.
• Scalable back-end architecture capable of analysing large-scale mobile sensor data (Bluetooth Proximity, Device Orientation, Telemetrics) in real time
• Large-scale SQL-based and NoSQL-based database architecture, capable of modelling and querying the social interactions of individuals and groups
• Analytics front-end interfaces (reports, views)
Desired Technical Skills
• Knowledge of Apache Spark, Hadoop or equivalent big-data frameworks
• Previous experience with Spark’s GraphX graph computation framework
• Elasticsearch, Solr and equivalent search platforms
• Previous experience with MapReduce programming model
• Back-end architectural abilities (rapid-prototyping in Node.js language)
• Real-world experience building large scale, high availability applications
• Experience with MongoDB, PostgreSQL, or equivalent scalable database architectures
• Source Control Management, e.g. git, svn or commercial equivalent
• Knowledge of functional languages (Erlang, Haskell, OCaml) in hosted environments a plus
• Modern languages and frameworks (Python, R, Go, etc.) also a plus
• Conversant and technical English but other spoken languages welcome
Culture and Personality
• Willing to work hard but also have fun
• Good sense of humour
• Entrepreneurial spirit complementing technical curiosity
• An appetite to achieve great things across a diverse team
Hiver enables you to make the most of in-person networking by using advanced geolocation and memory technology to do two things: meet the right people at an event and help you remember each interaction you have.
Our story (so far)
Hiver is founded by executive MBA graduates of the London Business School (LBS) and University of London PhD, who researched and tested the venture through several classes and, in the process won three awards. In September 2015, Hiver was accepted into the London Business School and Deloitte Incubator and most recently closed an initial round of angel investment.
If you are interested in being part of Hiver, please get in touch with your CV, explain your interest in applying and some examples of recent projects you’ve worked on. No recruitment agencies or development outsourcing pitches please.