Reward and Payroll Advisor
at MVF in London
(₤35000 - ₤40000 per year)
MVF is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK. After coming #1 in the Sunday Times Tech Track (growing by 278% per annum over its first four years), the business has tripled in size again. MVF now employs over 350 staff in the UK and USA and conducts marketing activities in more than 70 countries.
We’re on a mission to build one of the world’s most innovative digital marketing platforms. We’re looking for world-class people to help us achieve this. We know that its’ our people that give us our edge.
Whilst we have great perks including sports clubs, socials, free breakfast and fruit, that’s not how we define ourselves. People join us to change the industry, work with world class talent and because of our culture and technology. We’re ranked 4th in the Sunday Times best companies to work for this year.
This is a new appointment that will play a significant role in the continued growth and development of our People Team and Employee Value Proposition. Initially the focus of the role will be to lead and project manage the selection and implementation of a new out-sourced payroll supplier and Payroll/HRIS as well as managing the monthly payroll process through our current provider. However once the new supplier and system are in place, there’s a whole host of other process improvement projects across payroll and reward to get your teeth in to in order to play an active role in supporting MVF’s continued growth and expansion.
- Project manage the entire cycle of sourcing, selection and implementation of a new HR and Payroll system, working with a multi-disciplined project team
- On-going management of the new provider
- Manage all aspects of payroll on a monthly basis – ensuring all changes are correctly captured, manage reconciliations and prepare payroll for sign off.
- Monthly/quarterly and annual controls/financial reports regarding payroll (including statutory requirements)
- Manage year end and statutory processes
- Support M&A or expansion activities in new territories by project managing the sourcing, selection and implementation of payroll and benefits solutions
- Manage all employee benefits (including pensions auto enrolment)
- Support annual salary review and out of cycle review processes by providing salary bench-making (internally and externally)
- Manage the gender pay gap reporting
- Manage and resolve employee payroll and benefits related queries
- In the medium and longer terms, this person will take on responsibility for managing many other process and systems enhancements within the payroll and reward arena (for example introducing job grading and job families) as well as playing a key role in enhancing our employee benefits offering.
- UK payroll experience is essential including working knowledge of HMRC rules, statutory entitlements (e.g. maternity, paternity, etc), and pensions auto enrollment,
- In addition, US payroll/taxes experience will be an advantage
- Experience must cover use of payroll systems (ideally ADP and others)
- Compensation/Benefits/Reward experience e.g. including job evaluation, salary benchmarking, benefits administration
- Strong IT literacy including advanced excel (including V-lookup, pivot tables, formulas
- Accurate, high attention to detail and high standards are essential, together with numeracy and analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Team player but also able to work without close supervision
- Organised, time management, working to deadlines
- High standards of customer service, happy to deal directly with employee queries
- Someone who relentlessly innovates and improves operational processes
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Relaxed, informal culture – no dress code
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday – we promote a work/life balance culture
- Monthly companywide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Sports clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, Yoga and Cycling
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
- Trips to Ibiza for all staff on achieving annual targets