at Tessian in London
(₤65000 - ₤75000 per year)
At CheckRecipient, we have the ambitious goal of protecting enterprise networks against new and intelligent cyber threats, making it impossible for sensitive information to end up in the wrong hands.
Through advanced machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), CheckRecipient prevents breaches in real-time, outsmarting traditional rule-based, admin-intensive approaches which can only report a breach after it has occurred.
Founded by a team of Imperial College engineers, we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We work with international clients in the financial, legal and professional services sectors who trust us to find the most intelligent ways to keep their data secure.
We’ve recently closed a fundraising round of $2.7m led by Accel and LocalGlobe and we are looking to work with the brightest minds to help us accomplish our goal and help us defend our clients against the biggest cybersecurity problems.
INFRASTRUCTURE AT CHECKRECIPIENT
Dealing with massive datasets at scale requires ingenuity and strong analytical skills. Our agnostic approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment.
At CheckRecipient you’ll be growing your skill-set on an ongoing basis; regular and continuous development is something we believe in and as an employee we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve.
We build quickly and follow both agile and continuous delivery paradigms. As a member of the CheckRecipient engineering team, you will have the autonomy to work on your own projects, and be part of our regular round tables to bounce ideas around as a team on how to tackle our biggest challenges. We believe in Deep Work and ensure our Engineers have the option of two 2-hour uninterrupted sessions a day with no external distractions.
Here are some of the technologies we’re working with:
- Node.js, .NET, C#, Python, (legacy: Ruby) – Postgres, DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, RabbitMQ – Spark – Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker – Kafka – React – Redshift – AWS – Microservices architecture
Here are some of the technologies we’re interested in:
- Go – Kubernete
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF YOU:
- want to join a fun and fast growing company – are a great problem solver who takes pride in their work – enjoy building scalable and resilient systems – have strong Linux system administration skills – understand server security concepts and implementations – have experience managing production applications on AWS – have created and worked with microservice infrastructures
- some programming knowledge, preferably Python, Ruby or Go – experiencing deploying VMWare’s various solutions to enterprise clients
Winner – CogX 2017 Best Innovation in Data Protection and Privacy
Winner – INFOSEC 2017 Most Innovative Cyber Security Company
Winner – Info Security Product Guide’s Global Excellence Awards 2017 for the Best Security Startup
Winner – WIRED Security 2016 Best Startup Award
Winner – LegalGeek Best Machine Intelligence Start Up 2016
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity options – Choose your own kit – Central London office location – Regular team socials and activities – Please attach your résumé and take the time to write a quick cover letter about why you’d like to work at – CheckRecipient and specifically what attracts you to this role.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters unless we have specifically asked a given recruiter to submit candidates for this role
Please note that we can only accept applications from people who currently have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor someone to work in the UK who does not currently have the right to do so
Recent jobs at Tessian
- QA Engineer at Tessian in London 24-08-2017
- Frontend Developer (React & ideally, a little Python) at Tessian in London 19-09-2017
- Commercial Roles at Accel-backed Cybersecurity Company! at Tessian in London 15-02-2018
- IT Manager at Tessian in London 16-03-2018
- Graduate Commercial Program at Tessian in London 16-03-2018