Business Development Associate
at MyTutor in London
MyTutor is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning. We match school learners with our 3,000 inspiring university students. In just 3 years, we have delivered 100,000 lessons, built an innovative, market-leading platform, and helped 92% of last year’s students reach their target grades.
We’ve also partnered with over 50 schools & universities to help disadvantaged students access our tutors through the Pupil Premium budget – last year, we helped 67% of our partner schools achieve record grades.
Having raised £1.8m to date from some of the UK’s top investors including Stephen Welton, Stephen Grabiner & Jonnie Goodwin, we’re already one of the most innovative, fast-growing Education Technology businesses in Europe and on our way to revolutionising the tutoring landscape.
About the Role:
You’ll be joining our passionate, ambitious team, in an exciting, fast-paced & high-growth environment. You will be an early hire into the Sales team and will have the opportunity to work closely with our schools, product & marketing teams, influencing how we continue to develop our approach to working with schools.
Our business development team is responsible for building and capitalising on relationships with secondary schools and universities from around the world. BD is MyTutor’s engine of growth, and we are looking for a smart, resilient, proactive and charismatic individual who can accelerate our mission of revolutionising the way people access one-to-one support.
- Building the trust necessary to support leads as you progress them through our sales funnel
- Always be using your creativity to develop new ideas to suggest how we can fuel the sales pipeline growth
- Execute targeted & strategic outbound activity via email, Hubspot and phone to reach key sales milestones
- Travel around the UK to represent MyTutor & our products at schools, universities and conferences
- Providing feedback to the development and product teams to help improve both customer and tutor products
- Be focused on meeting your individual and collective sales targets, as set by management
In addition to a track record for the above, the ideal candidate has some experience in building sales pipelines, progressing buying processes and a degree from a renowned university.
- 1-3 years in either teaching or an education related business role involving sales & marketing or account management
- Proactive approach to go beyond what is expected on a regular basis
- Charismatic, passionate and resilient personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
- Experience with CRM systems & nurturing sales funnels preferred but not essential
- You’ll be joining as our 15th employee and will become a key member in the company as we grow
- Competitive salary. Base salary will depend on prior experience
- Work with smart and motivated people from Goldman Sachs, Barclays, BCG, The Hut Group, Periscopix and General Assembly
- Helping to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of people
- Sales coaching and development from an experienced senior management team
- Tuesday Breakfasts, Friday drinks and regular team events & outings
- 24 days holiday (plus public holidays)
What We’re Building
We handpicked the best tutors from across the UK and built the world’s most advanced online learning space to empower schools, universities and parents to give every student access to the one-to-one support they deserve.
We harness our tutor’s recent experience, subject passion, and up-to-date academic knowledge to inspire secondary school pupils and help them achieve better results.
Our use of data, including a matching algorithm driven by machine learning, helps us to optimise matches based on personality, aspirations and areas of expertise.
Our fast-growing relationships with secondary schools across the UK are enabling us to build a trusted brand that parents can depend on.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.