"MyTutor":https://www.mytutor.co.uk/ is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning. We match school learners with our 3,000 inspiring university students. In just 3 years, we have delivered 100,000 lessons, built the world’s most advanced "online classroom":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuHOO58A8gw, and helped 92% of last year’s students reach their target grades.
We’ve also partnered with over 50 schools & universities to help disadvantaged students access our tutors through the "Pupil Premium budget":https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pupil-premium-information-for-schools-and-alternative-provision-settings – last year, we helped 67% of our partner schools achieve record grades.
Having raised £1.8m to date from some of the UK’s top investors including "Stephen Welton":http://www.businessgrowthfund.co.uk/stephen-welton/, "Stephen Grabiner":https://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/jun/15/stephen-grabiner-joins-times-board & Jonnie Goodwin, we’re already one of the most innovative, fast-growing Education Technology businesses in Europe and on our way to revolutionising the tutoring landscape.
*About the Role:*
Our schools team is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with secondary schools and universities from around the world. Education establishments are an important and growing part of MyTutor, and we are looking for a smart, resilient, diligent and driven individual who can accelerate our progress.
You’ll be joining our passionate, ambitious team, in an exciting, fast-paced & high-growth environment. As an early hire into the schools team, you will be tasked with evolving our approach to operating our school programmes, building efficiency into our current processes and supporting with day-to-day account management and on-boarding.
*Examples of responsibilities include, but won’t be limited to:*
- Liaising with schools and tutors to ensure both sides have an excellent experience using our platform
- Working closely with our schools account manager to improve the relationships with our partners
- Managing a selection of new school accounts
- Identifying and testing new processes to boost the efficiency of our programmes
- Work with our product team to plan and build automation tools into the platform
- Data management and analytics
*What we're looking for*
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a structured approach to work
- Self-starting, enthusiastic and results-driven
- Proactive approach to go beyond what is expected on a regular basis
- Passion for startups and the education sector
- 1+ years of Operations or Account Management experience in another startup preferred but not essential
- BSc or MSc preferred from a leading university (BA & MA also applies)
- You’ll be joining as our 15th employee and will become a key member of the company as we grow
- Competitive salary. Base salary will depend on prior experience
- Work with smart and motivated people from Goldman Sachs, Barclays, BCG, The Hut Group, Periscopix and General Assembly
- Helping to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of people
- Operations coaching and development from an experienced senior management team
- Tuesday Breakfasts, Friday drinks and regular team events & outings
- 24 days holiday (plus public holidays)
*What We’re Building*
We handpicked the best tutors from across the UK and built the world’s most advanced online learning space to empower schools, universities and parents to give every student access to the one-to-one support they deserve.
We harness our tutors' recent experience, subject passion, and up-to-date academic knowledge to inspire secondary school pupils and help them achieve better results.
Our use of data, including a matching algorithm driven by machine learning, helps us to optimise matches based on personality, aspirations and areas of expertise.
Our fast-growing relationships with secondary schools across the UK are enabling us to build a trusted brand that parents can depend on.