Senior Software Engineer
at Soma Analytics in London
(₤40000 - ₤50000 per year)
SOMA Analytics is an investor-backed and award-winning start-up that develops pioneering mobile health technology. We are creating the world’s first smartphone-driven Mental Resilience programme, combining aspects from psychology and medicine with machine learning and hardware.
We are a tight-knit, international family that is passionate about building great products. From encouraging unconventional and lean thinking to advocating a healthy lifestyle, we treat our employees as our greatest asset. Join our rapidly expanding team and set your inner geek free with like-minded and awesome workmates.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer who thrives in a lean start-up environment. Do you enjoy building great mobile products? Are you obsessed with writing efficient and readable code? If this is you, then join one of our mobile or back-end teams and help us improve and scale our main products, which are used by companies and individuals around the world.
Benefits of Working at Soma Analytics
- Challenging position in a growing early-stage company.
- Flat hierarchies and an opportunity to make a substantial impact quickly.
- Opportunity to learn about and contribute to SOMA’s innovative research findings.
- Create and deliver products that make a difference to people’s health.
- An office in the epicenter of Europe’s startup capital, London.
- Lots of fun team events (laser quest, get-away weekends, dinner/drinks).
- Competitive salary, stock option plan and private healthcare.
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar.
- 7-10+ years’ relevant work experience.
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Fluent or familiar with at least 2 of the following: Native iOS development (Objective C, Swift), Native Android development (Java), Back-end development (Python, Django, MySQL).
- Keen to learn new languages and to work across multiple platforms.
- Experience with Agile software development processes.
- Desired: Experience with TDD and applying corresponding testing frameworks.
- Passionate about mobile health and healthy behaviour change.
- High aptitude and quick learner.
Interested? If you are just about to send us your CV and standard cover letter—STOP! You can send us your CV and cover letter (if you want), but in addition to this we would love to see some code – show us what you’re good at! We look forward to hearing from you!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.