Experienced Web Consultant and Project Manager
at Everlution Software Ltd in London
(₤30000 - ₤50000 per year)
We are Everlution Software, a leading web application development company based in London Bridge (SE1).
Founded in 2005, we work primarily on information intensive, database driven web applications with top finance and media firms in the City. We also have a vibrant incubation program that has led to us successfully growing multiple start-up businesses.
From our loft-style offices, we operate a highly collaborative, friendly and welcoming working environment that is well structured and follows agile methodologies.
Due to significant growth throughout 2016, we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Web Consultant and Project Manager / Business Analyst to work on several new and on-going projects.
It’s an end-to-end role involving initial engagement and requirement gathering with clients, through planning and wire-framing to managing a team of developers to deliver an application. You will also be managing a team who are developing in all the latest open-source technologies, fully adopting an Agile / Scrum and TDD approach.
- Requirements gathering and wire-framing.
- Working with clients to understand their needs and work out most suitable solutions based on functional and * commercial requirements.
- Relaying proposed solutions to PMs and lead developers – working with them to create wireframes to check understanding and aid development.
- Working with team to produce estimates then presenting them to stakeholders.
- Developing relationship with client and seeking potential cross and up-sells.
- Assist the commercial director and sales team in a consultative capacity to convert warm leads to paying clients.
- Weekly meeting with management director to discuss progress and forward planning.
- Work with lead developers, the other PMs, business analysts (BA) and clients to schedule in upcoming development work (usually sprints).
- Arrange, attend and lead project sprint meetings.
- Hold regular development team meetings to maintain progress, identify/solve problems and remove any barriers to project progress.
- Setup and maintain project budgets and burn-down documents.
- Be readily accessible to all scrum team members at all times.
- Spend time in our office in Bratislava, Slovakia one week every three months.
Required skills and experience
- Ability to listen, understand and interpret client requirements, and to explain technical issues in layman’s terms.
- Must have experience in wire-framing (preferably in Balsamiq).
- Must be presentable, confident and energetic/driven.
- Must be happy to manage remote team in Europe (Slovakia).
- Must be a highly motivated, active and keen problem solver with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Must have some experience in SCRUM and AGILE frameworks and of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate upcoming issues and work out potential solutions in advance.
- Ability to challenge and motivate others.
- Must have a good eye for detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with highly-collaborative and friendly teams, on challenging, technical projects.
We promote a culture of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing. You will be encouraged to bring new ideas to the table and to help improve the company’s Project Management and Business Analyst processes.
You will be surrounded by lots of talented and entertaining people, with regular Friday evening drinks at the local pub (if that’s your thing). We like to follow the old “work hard, play hard” mantra and besides our work on client and internal projects, we also have regular hack-days, and arrange social events around London.
We look forward to hearing from you.
No agencies please