Test Automation Engineer - ~The Perfectionist~
at Curve in London
Test Automation Engineer
Salary + Equity
Curve is growing – join our adventurous startup!
We believe that the next generation of banking will be a single mobile platform that enables payment anywhere with any card from any account, and connects people in a simple way with the best technologies and financial offers – putting them back in control of their finances.
Our team of award winning (voted leading startup at the EPAwards ‘16 and included in Tech City’s Upscale ‘17 startup programme) entrepreneurs, product-builders and customer-focused marketers are developing a ground-breaking product with the customer at the core. To start with, we’ve taken the humble bank card and injected it with a whole load of innovation. Technical complexity, scalability, security and real-time transactions are all part of the day-to-day challenges; the future will include machine learning & big data.
With funding from the Who’s Who in angel investors and an experienced and ambitious founding team, we are at the forefront of London FinTech.
If you like to be intellectually stretched, your capabilities tested and want an opportunity to have a real voice, input and impactful contribution, then we’re offering that in abundance.
You bring your expertise; we’ll give you the platform to flex your talent!
Quality Assurance plays an important role in the product development. As The Perfectionist you will be expected to help ensuring the reliability of the product. We expect you to think differently, smarter, so you can dream up all the test cases, specially those edge cases that no one can see until we start getting bug reports from our users.
Have you thought about how fast money moves around the world? And, how fast technology is changing the world?
Can you imagine how challenging is being responsible to ensure the quality of a revolutionary product that is bringing these two worlds together? Are you ready to ensure the product matches its requirements (functional, design, UX, etc…) and bring great ideas on how to make it even more valuable for our users?
Is this You?
- Motivated to set high standards.
- Able to execute your role swiftly and safely in rapidly changing environments.
- Revel in fast paced startup environments.
- Willingness to learn.
- Passionate about user experience.
- Keen to use your technical knowledge, expertise and ability with the aim of building an exceptional product.
- Comfortable with starting from a blank page and taking responsibility for defining, designing & developing clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases from specifications or verbal communications.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal).
- Excellent Degree in Computer Science or related field.
We’re looking for you to:
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members – DevOps, Marketing, Product & Design.
- Have experience with iOS & Android functional and UI testing tools.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes. Escalate any potential quality issues to management in a timely manner.
- Creatively and intelligently solve technical problems.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into comprehensible test plans.
- Working experience with issue/bug tracking tools, ideally JIRA.
- Be focused on deadlines and deliverables – an ability to quickly find the defects and bugs.
- Have an inquisitive mind – You are always asking how does it work? Why? What if this happens?
- Abstract thinker – an ability to not conform to the norm. Norms do not find bugs quickly!
- Build a strong quality mindset around the team. It’s going to be Quality First!
We live in an agile era, it’s a plus if you come with experience of:
- Working in an Agile Development environment; preferably SCRUM.
- Acceptance Testing and how it applies to Agile Testing.
- Working with agile processes, including Test Driven Development.
Robots are the future and so are we!
We love automation here and we hope to automate as many regression tests as possible, therefore we expect you to either have willingness to learn how to automate tests (support in your development will be provided, you won’t be on your own),
Or you have:
A good level of proficiency with one or more programming/scripting languages.
Experience with automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium, Capybara or Espresso.
Experience working with test automation throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
Familiar with Continuous Integration tools is a plus.
We’re a team of circa 30, who work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a founder who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our Recruitment Philosophy & Hiring Principles:
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
The more talent we have the more we can collectively accomplish – so we support and assist each other to reach and surpass what we think we are capable of.
How we aim to look after you
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- If you work late, we make sure you have supper and a taxi home
- Team Lunch Fridays
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Start a conversation:
By sending us as much information as possible about You, your achievements, your philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
And by answering this question: – In an Automated world, how relevant is Manual Testing? And why?
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.