Data/Product Analytics Engineer - Data Flow, Data Delivery, Analytics & Business Intelligence
at Snaptrip in London
We’re a marketplace for last minute holidays, in 24 months we’ve now grown to have more UK rural property than Airbnb and we’re not finished yet!. We’re a Post-Accelerator company that recently closed our Series A and are now looking to take on a very small number of great people to dominate the market. Today we’re a team of 15 and we’ll never need to be more than a team 20.
Awarded the “Next Big Thing in Travel Award” at the World Travel Market 2015 amongst numerous other awards
Check us out at www.snaptrip.com, why not find somewhere in Devon this weekend?
Our Analytics Engineer will:
- You get to carve your own niche reporting directly to and learning from our Lead Developer and working closely with the CTO, Head of Marketing and Head of Product
- own the data, both collection and processing of all data
- support business (product, marketing) and dev
- SQL/Presto (we use PrestoDB as our data lake)
- be eager to work with multiple data sources including Treasuredata (our very cool Live Data Management Platform)
- know a scripting language so can do more advanced data post processing
- can take responsibility of data collection (events, batch imports, monitoring that data is flowing fine)
- maintenance/monitoring/setup of data pipelines
- love to automate stuff
Nice to haves:
- machine learning / recommendation engines
- Heroku / AWS (for running scheduled data processing scripts like R)
- a bit of Ruby/RoR (for data collection side) or other programming language and will to pick up some Ruby
- maybe even a bit of Spark (there’s some room for us to run Spark on AWS if it helps with data processing / ML / etc)
Bonus Points (but not essential):
- Computer Science degree
- Experience in any of the following (we use them all): REST, mongoDB, Scala/Play, Elasticsearch, Redis, Heroku, AWS, messaging, Presto, Data ETL / analysis, Docker
- Show us your awesome github profile
- Already playing with side projects there is one or two you’re proud of and want to show us
Our new team member needs to be:
- Pragmatic as well as opinionated
- Cross functional in nature and ready to jump on anything tech that needs doing
- From a background of a few different sectors so you can bring a wealth of knowledge
- Eager to use the latest technologies but also get their hands dirty
- Embracing responsibility, everything you do will have an impact and we’re data driven so we can measure the difference we make
- Ownership – you make this company more successful then it’s only fair that you benefit from that added value
- AUTONOMY to own the data of an exciting and growing company
- Shiny new macbook
- Stylish central London office overlooking the Thames
- Be part of a young, dynamic and fun team who move technological mountains incredibly quickly
- Free beer and fresh coffee on tap
- 25 days paid holiday
- staff discount off any Snaptrip!
What happens next? Email us and let’s get the ball rolling!
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. WE SIMPLY WON’T RESPOND
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Snaptrip
- Content marketing executive / editor at Snaptrip in London 17-04-2019
- Head of Paid Acquisition at Snaptrip in London 21-05-2019