Head of Community / Community Manager
at Seedcamp in London
(₤45000 - ₤50000 per year)
Seedcamp is Europe’s First Seed Fund. We back globally ambitious Founders building incredible businesses like digital mortgage matchmaker Trussle, global money app Revolut and Juro helping businesses automate sales contracts.
We’re looking to add a Community Manager to the Seedcamp team to help us continue to foster an engaged community culture with the portfolio and drive both new and existing community initiatives.
We operate a cross functional environment and you’ll work closely with every team member from our Partners to our EIRs. You can see more about our team here.
The role offers unparalleled access to the European startup and VC ecosystem and the players in it, you’ll have the opportunity to make the role your own while doing things at scale right from the start.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take ownership over the execution of our events (internal + external) eg Investor Days, Summits, Office Hours etc
- Content creation and management of our social media profiles (Twitter, Instagram, FB)
- Pull together information and own the delivery of our newsletter which goes out to 16k people
- Managing various relationships with third parties, vendors and our strategic partners (Campus London, Google for Entrepreneurs, service providers, event organisers etc)
- Act as a liaison with event organisers and coordinate speaking slots for team members
- Co-ordination of activities and personnel at various conferences and events
- Managing our community platforms and keeping the discussion alive (Mobilize & Slack)
- Think of, plan and build out activities for our Portfolio ie Founder Dinners, sector-specific roundtables etc
- Regularly engaging with Seedcamp Founders, Mentors & EIRs to learn how we can be constantly improving
- Contribute across all areas of the business, this could be supporting a partnerships discussion to doing some research for one of the Partners
What we’re looking for:
- Startup experience… you’ve worked in an operational role in a startup and seen strong growth
- You have experience organising and managing multiple events from start to finish
- You’ve managed offline + online communities, understand how to foster a culture of engagement and can introduce new ideas based on what’s worked for you in the past
- You have candour and can make your ideas heard
- You love your work and keep up to date with what’s going on the industry, not because you have to but because you want to
- You have a metalicious attention to detail and enjoy working in a cross functional environment
How to apply:
The best way to apply is by gaining an introduction into one of our team members. The second best way is to click ‘apply’ and tell us 3 bullet points on why this role should be yours!